Thread: UPS suggestions

Default UPS suggestions

I'm looking into getting a UPS for the Mac Server I have.

All it does is File Share. The setup is a G5 Dual 1.8 w/10.5 Leopard Server. The sharepoint files are sitting on a Drobo attached by Firewire 800.

What is a good UPS (not break the bank) that will shutdown the Mac Server properly when there is a power outage. I don't really need long runtime, just enough time for the UPS software to do it's thing and shutdown the server and drobo properly.

Thanks

Custom Title Honors

Default Re: UPS suggestions

I have no personal experience with this: Cyberpower 550VA $50 (US)

First review says they are using it on their iMac without any issues and they didn't need to install any software.

HERE is a link to a Mac forum that references a few different UPS's that work with Mac's and which versions.

Hope this helps and good luck.

On Backup:: CPU- Q9300 Stock HS/F :: MB- Intel board :: RAM- 4 GB Corsair Dominator DDR2 1066 (2x2GB) :: GFX- 8800GS HDD- 320GB OS; 1x2TB Storage :: ROM- DVD-ROM :: PSU- Antec 48W :: OS- Win7 x64 :: CASE- CM Centurion 590 :: MON- Dell 1708FP :: MOUSE- Logitech G5 ::

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Default Re: UPS suggestions

From that link, it looks like a lot will work without without any software. Personally I would recommend an APC 550 or 650.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV