Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Finally maybe just maybe a little daylight at the end of the tunnell

I got rid of my floppy disks Xpirate's Avatar

Default Re: Finally maybe just maybe a little daylight at the end of the tunnell

If you don't already have one, I recommend a 4 D cell mag light. It can help you see in the dark and it doubles as a club if someone sics their vicious dog on you. Don't ask me how I know...

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Default Re: Finally maybe just maybe a little daylight at the end of the tunnell

Or a 3D cell LED Maglite. Not quite as much heft, but a heck of a lot brighter (good for blinding...things...before they get to you.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Custom Title Honors Liquid_Scope_99's Avatar

crap now in worried a guy i work with has an led flashlight\stun gun take that fido j/k

100% Recycled Pixels. Twigsoffury's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Liquid_Scope_99 View Post
    i will watch for cock roaches for sure lol
    its terrible man, it's that f@$@#ing terrible.

you know that movie scorpian king, when all those bugs come crawling across the desert.

its like that on 1:164th scale.

ewwww i dread that seriously i cant stand bugs just seeing them ina eating area drives me nuts

The one I worked for did not have a big roach/insect problem and we have a lot more insects in the south. We had people who came out and sprayed for bugs. When the crew doesn't clean up like they are supposed to, you have more of a bug problem.

I think you'll need to watch out for dogs and insane customers more than bugs.

Things I liked about the job:
    • Tip money - average tip was about $1 per delivery
    • Most of the time spent working was by myself in my car - I'm not much of a people person
    • The money was pretty good because I averaged about $7 per hour when minimum wage was around $4

Things I hated:
    • Hungry, angry, vicious dogs
    • Customers who ordered pizza just to eat someone's A out
    • Bad tip days
    • Dealing with parmesan cheese. and peppers - when you run out of these items, usually cool customers turn into angry ones
    • Tearing up my car

Working for Pizza Hut was an all right experience, but I wouldn't want to do it again. It was quite easy to get the job. All I needed was the car, liability insurance, and a clean traffic record. They hired me before I walked out the door. They did tell me that they were going to check the traffic record, but I'm not sure if they ever did.

Any good tips on getting tips lol

speed, friendliness, and good looking pizza. don't shake it up unless they are dicks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER

Also, don't be too chirpy, I hate chirpy people ;P
    Antec Sonata II | Pioneer DVR-212
    Good news! You can follow my website or follow me on twitter!

Advice on getting tips:
    • Don't park in their drive way, especially if your car leaks oil
    • Some customers are put off by long hair and nose rings
    • Be nice even when they get ugly
    • Other than that, it is mostly a matter of luck

When I started the job I had a nice looking VW. Then I failed a test in college and my mind was so effected by I that ran a red light and hit another car. I was a poor college student, so I didn't fix it to look nice. I just hammered the sheet metal and replaced parts until it was drivable again.

One of the worst customer I had took a look at my VW, which I had parked in the street in front of his house. He yelled, "You go park that piece of #%& away from my house!" I complied by moving the car and walked a half block to his house. If I ever become super wealthy, I'm going to buy all the houses around him and surround him with old junk cars.

I was always tempted to go back to houses of certain scum customers and do something mean. But once the shift was over, I would remember that I was an adult and just let it go. However, not all of my fellow delivery drivers had the same sense of adult morality. People should remember that when they are dealing with someone who knows exactly where they live.