Thread: best 775 air cooler?

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

Default best 775 air cooler?

ok I may be ditching my wc setup and going air. the wc is cool to have, but not needed at all in my application. plus everytime I want to do something to the case I need to drain the fluid and undo all the lines etc. etc. So I'm lookng for a good 775 CPU cooler. I'm currently running a PD 820 2.8 @3.3 right now, but I've got a D930 on the way from Datech. I was looking at the Ultra Chilltec Standard or Ultra Chilltec Silver. If I go with the standard one I'll probably get it from Xoxide so I can cash in on the reinstated review reimbursement program. Otherwise I'll get it from Tiger because they're cheaper than Xoxide and Newegg is crap and doesnt have nearly the selection of Tiger.

Aywho, anone used this? I looked but didnt see a review of it here. I've heard it works good, but in my case the Silver (Without TEC) will probably work just fine.

Anyone have any other suggestions for a good quiet cooler? I've got a Thermaltake Armor case, so theres no shortage of room available.

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Default Re: best 775 air cooler?

This might help...

http://www.frostytech.com/top5heatsinks.cfm

or maybe not, but thought it was worth posting anyhow. That first one is supposed to be pretty good, you might want to compare reviews or something, see which one got the lowest temperature on average.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Stupidity feeds my children blueonblack's Avatar

I've not tried that cooler myself, but I was extremely impressed with the Thor's Hammer from Ximatek. (Since you seem to have a problem with Newegg, I didn't include the Newegg link even though it's cheaper than this one and Tiger doesn't even carry it.)

It's by far the best air cooler I've had the pleasure of using.
    “Do not trust people like me. I will take you to museums, and parks, and monuments, and kiss you in every beautiful place, so that you can never go back to them without tasting me like blood in your mouth. I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible, and when I leave you will finally understand why storms are named after people.”

You can also check my review of the Prolimatech MegaShadow...
    Project:Mithril, sponsored by Petra's Tech Shop and Sidewinder Computers-MOTM Nominee October '08