Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 813141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Project: Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2 !!!UPDATE!!! 26 April 2010

If you can't hack it, you don't own it! Oneslowz28's Avatar

Default Re: Project: Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2 !!!UPDATE!!! 25 Jan 2010

LOL

Thermaltake sent me a new top piece as soon as I notified them of the damage

I got some work done yesterday. Update this weekend.

I have decided to mount the Thermaltake TMG 2 120.2 radiator under the floor of the case. There is enough room under it for it to fit. Unfortunately the holes thermaltake pre punched into the floor do not match up to this radiator. So I will have to have a custom floor plate laser cut from acrylic for this.

You still aren't done with this yet? What a slacker
    I would really like my Thermaltake prizes... Thanks everyone for my wonderful prizes!

Patience young Daniel-son. The best mods always take the longest. After all Doom 3 was not built in a day!

Maybe when I come back that will be my niche. Speed-mods... Lord knows the last two case mods I did turned out great cause I took so much time. Hey, go to the ForSale section and buy some of my stuff. It's tuition time again...
    I would really like my Thermaltake prizes... Thanks everyone for my wonderful prizes!

If I buy your stuff how will I be able to afford my new Phenom II x4 rig

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

lol

less chit chat. more mod mod

Yes it is true. I am posting an update!!! I haven't done much due to not having any free time the last month or so. Being the Editor in Chief of this site and owning a photography business are great ways to remove free time from your life.

The first thing on my list was to disassemble the frame so I could sand and paint it easily. So after 10 minutes of drilling out rivets I was left with this...

Before the frame is painted I need to make a few cuts and holes in the sheet metal. The first one will be the mounting point for the Danger Den Fillport Reservoir.

The first thing to do was pick a spot on top of the case that allowed me to place the reservoir with out interfering with the elements on the top of the case or the ones on the inside. I chose this location because it would be partially hidden by the lid on top of the case and it completely cleared all of the interior elements.

Then I used a 1" hole saw to cut the hole out. Note that I did this on the damaged piece of plastic for mockup. I am glad I did this because the hole saws I purchased from harbor freight turned out to be slightly out of round and this caused some unwanted scaring of the plastic around the hole. The hole in the replacement plastic will be drilled out using my step bits.

With the hole in the plastic cut it was time to transfer the hole to the steel top. I simply traced the hole with a pencil and then found the center.

I gave the HF hole saws a try again. They were marked for use on "wood, steel, plastic and composites." Unfortunately the only thing I accomplished was to melt the teeth on the 1" hole saw. So I dug around in my tool box and found my large step bit. The Danger Den Fill port only requires a 3/4" hole but will still seal in holes as large as 1 1/4". I went with a 1" hole to add a little room for adjustment in case something did get in the way.

So I test fitted the res and found another problem. Thermaltake rolled the edges on the hole where the "storage tray" goes. Rolled edges are something we asked for for ages and now I have to destroy one so my res fits flush and seals properly.

The red lines mark off the area I needed to remove. So out comes the dremel.

I ground down a good portion of the lip before using a thin screwdriver to lift it up. Notice the rust under the lifted lip. With this lifted I continued to grind until everything was nice and flat.

I filed down the sharp edges and used the dremel to add a nice slope where the lip ends now meet the ground down area. Primer during paint should fill in the minor imperfections left.

Time to test fit the res again. PERFECT!!! Nice and flat.

The res will interfere with one of the top 140mm intake fans but that is nothing I can not fix at a later date.

And with the plastic on the case top. There is plenty of room for me to place a funnel in the fill port hole. I plan on closing this up with a rubber grommet of some sorts. Any ideas or links?

And a side shot. She is going to look good in the case.

As mentioned earlier I plan on mounting the radiator in the bottom of the case. Unfortunately the factory stamped radiator mounting location does not fit Thermatake TMG2 Radiator I was sponsored with for this project. So I have decided to cut that section of the floor from the case and replace it with a laser cut black acrylic radiator mounting plate. To do this I needed to make a template of the radiator for some test fitting .

Technical drawing is something I have always found fun. So this task was very relaxing for me. I had an old desk calender laying around so I used the cardboard backing as my template material.

With the drawing finished it was time to cut it out with an Exacto knife.

And after some careful cuts she was finished.

A test fit to make sure my measurements were accurate.

Well that's is for tonight. I will try and have another update posted by this weekend. So what do you think so far?

Default Re: Project: Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2 !!!UPDATE!!! 26 April 2010

Finally we get an update!
    Looks good! Keep it up!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothair View Post
    I guess it's just widely used and has had some of the best people in the world work on it, costing a ridiculous amount of money, for no actual reason. :/
    Have you checked out the front page lately?
    Projects:
    Moe's Tavern | Sponsored by: Mimo Monitors, Crucial, Thermaltake
    Book Of Knowledge

Default Re: Project: Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2 !!!UPDATE!!! 26 April 2010

I love your workbench. and nice start!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER