Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Salvia

Custom Title Honors BuzzKillington's Avatar

Default Re: Salvia

I tried salvia a couple of times and apparently I'm one of the 2% that are not effected by it. My buddy just kinda sat there in his own world. How anyone could be so effected by it that they chew off their flesh is beyond me although I can see that being done with DXM. 30 Robitussin ~ the equivalent of PCP.
    PS3: CaptBuzzCooler

If you can't hack it, you don't own it! Oneslowz28's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gramatton View Post
    I am in no way advocating drug use, but I hate when people are bashing something because of some bad incidents. Many drugs, certified prescription ones, have various harmful side effect, and many can cause some pretty bad **** to happen, but you don't hear people out to ban them, or demonize them.
    You hear mostly good things about legal drugs (prescription drugs) because they serve a greater purpose. They either cure, treat or prevent and illness, ease or numb the effects of pain, and restore chemical imbalances in the brain. The bad side effects are outweighed by the good that the legal drugs cause.

Illegal drugs on the other hand cause more harm than they do good. Acid users can have flashbacks tens of years after their last trip, pot users can eventually suffer memory loss, Crack, Heroine, meth etc are all multiple bad things. They all server no good purpose other than to make the user high.
    Last edited by Oneslowz28; 10-23-2009 at 11:25 PM.

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oneslowz28 View Post
    I'm with Rick on this one.
    +1.

I've had friends who have tried salvia divinorum, they described their experiences as "it's like living my entire life up to this point in the past fifteen minutes" or "i was stuck in a box for a half hour, and could not get out".

Seems like it might induce an interesting experience, but I'm not going to put myself at risk of a bad experience or physical injury or whatnot just for some crazy hallucinations. Not really my kinda thing.

But then again, it's pretty rare to hear of me even having a cigarette or drink, so...

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

Vampires are also allergic to bulldozers BerticusPryme's Avatar

Drug use is one of the things I hold near to me. Not becasue of use but of effect. I lost quite a few people in my life because of drugs. Both of non-prescription abuse and prescription abuse. I am not condoning the use of it at all but if you do treat it like everything else. Do it responsibly. I have heard of this but never had a chance to deal with it first hand. But from what I understand the effect is one of two ways. Its either wide open or you dont get jack. Another one that is similar in effect is jimson weed(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Datura_stramonium). If mixed right makes strong halucinations, mixed wrong you might as well drink gas spiked with bleach and fertlizer. I had 5 friends sit down and try it on a saturday afternoon. The following Tuesday I was there to watch 3 of them buried. After that I got away from everything. Worst thing I have done since then is drink some whiskey and that is not that often. Like everyone has said though treat everything in life like a gun or snake. respect and responibility

If you can't hack it, you don't own it! Oneslowz28's Avatar

I hate to be a party pooper but Jon started this thread to warn of the dangers of taking this should be illegal drug. The scientific discussion on why the experiment was flawed and the SCIENTIFIC discussion on how to properly conduct the experiment is welcome. What is NOT welcome is discussing ways to safely use a dangerous drug or drugs both legal and illegal for recreational purposes. Please keep this discussion out of the gray area or I will lock it down.

Vampires are also allergic to bulldozers BerticusPryme's Avatar

I was talking about prescription drugs as being taken responsible as well as things in mothernature. I dont condone drug use at all from what I've seen in my life. Yes the experiment was flawed, yes the drug should be made illegal. Some of the comments I have seen about the other things people are using as drugs or trying look to be warnings.end of story.sorry I sound so rough but I agree with oneslowz28 this could get out of hand if not careful.

its funny because in actuality salvia is illegal when smoked in most states. but people get around this by selling it as "incense" not a product to be smoked.

pot can lead to?...... **stares blankly** oh yeah... memory loss...
    Quote Originally Posted by nevermind1534 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if somebody sigquotes part of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneslowz28
    I hate to be a party pooper but Jon started this thread to warn of the dangers of taking this should be illegal drug. The scientific discussion on why the experiment was flawed and the SCIENTIFIC discussion on how to properly conduct the experiment is welcome. What is NOT welcome is discussing ways to safely use a dangerous drug or drugs both legal and illegal for recreational purposes. Please keep this discussion out of the gray area or I will lock it down.
    I don't want to sound argumentative (even though this probably will anyway) and I understand the rules of the forum, but I don't think anything illegal was discussed. And just because something is illegal doesn't mean it's actually bad or dangerous. This page is a Google search for 'ridiculous laws'...have fun. Law makers don't always do their homework before passing laws, they just listen to what the lobbyist that buys them the most dinners says.

And, drugs are drugs. Whether legal, illegal, natural, chemical, OTC, or prescription, they all chemically alter our body. Someone made the point that 'legal drugs' are legal because they have beneficial effects...how do we know 'illegal drugs' don't as well? They were, for the most part, never studied. It's illegal to study illegal substances...so you won't find any peer reviewed studies on the potential benefits of heroin. The law could very well be holding back the cure for HIV/AIDS, cancer, or just about any other uncured ailment. But I'm sure the lawmakers know everything there is to know about all drugs...and everything else for that matter.

And to stay along the lines of the OP topic, I'm sure the salvia experiment could have been flawed on many levels. Since we don't know anything about the test subjects, dosages, or other variables we can't very well arrive at any conclusion. But keep in mind that a bottle of aspirin or pain-killers can be more deadly than many so-called 'bad' drugs.
    I'll procrastinate tomorrow.

Measure once, curse twice nevermind1534's Avatar

But, if the administration says don't discuss it, don't discuss it.

I also have to agree with everybody else who said that the stuff is bad, and it's not a good idea to try it.
    Help my mini city
    Population Industry Transport Security
    Quote Originally Posted by progbuddy View Post
    It's probably the extreme radiation from the nuclear core in your phone. Push the control rod all the way in.
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanLegend_NY View Post
    I'm not selling it in hell I'm selling it on eBay.