Thread: mirrored PCI slots and shiney black mouse

Fresh Paint

Exclamation mirrored PCI slots and shiney black mouse

Right I have a few questions. I want to put a mirror panel over my PCI slots. I have a thermaltake Armor case. I was thinking of using metal bending it into shape placing it over the PCI slots and polishing it up. I want to cut out some shapes mainly "X-Fi" into the metal and then put UV grilling over the holes and then put a UV light behind it. Would look sweet but I don't know if it's posible to do this as it might have the ability to mess up my PCI cards via over heating or something else. I have a 7800GT and a X-Fi FPS fatal1ty sound card and thats all in my PCI slots. If I got a PCI blower would that compensate for blocking the rest off.

Also I want to re paint my mouse. I've read about using the 600 and then the 2000 sand paper but I just wanted to know if that will give me the new Ipod shine. I have just bought myself a new monitor and it's shiney in the same way that the new Black Ipods are.

My main computer is out of use at the moment because I was expecting my new power supply yesterday but it didn't come. So come monday I should be up and running and will post some pictures of my computer and mouse just to give you a feel of what I am working with.

Default Re: mirrored PCI slots and shiney black mouse

The mouse would be a hard one to get that shine on-it might be possible with plenty or smoothing, and you'd need to choose the right paint.

I don't think i quite get what you want from the PCI cover. If you're just covering the slot then i don't think over heating would be an issue. Could you draw a wee sketch and post it up? That way i might be able to give you a pointer or two.