Page 30 of 49 FirstFirst ... 20252627282930313233343540 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you beaten recently? What are you playing?

Default Re: What have you beaten recently? What are you playing?

Quote Originally Posted by Munty View Post
    Anyway invite sent from account name alex_firmin or something like that... We're in different timezones so will have to plan a time to hook up if you fancy a game so just let me know
    Hmm, not seeing the invite. It is too bad about the account thing. I get it though. I love steam, but it's effectively killed the second hand market for games. The good thing, though, is that more money gets into the hand of the developers instead of a bunch of middle men, and games tend to be cheaper than if purchased in store.

True, also the more money the dev houses get the better their new releases should be. In theory... Still hate the thing though, GFWL as well... EA ruined C&C4 even more by adding a one-time registration too. Have they really convinced themselves that anyone will happily buy that pos new?!

EDIT : seems there are two accounts with an identical name. Just checked my invites and the one I'd sent for BoomerBile said it had been inactive for over a year! Just added you through your profile instead and now my invites say BoomerBile (1) and BoomerBile (2) which is very odd... Will delete t'other one. Let me know when you're on and we'll pop some heads off

Big day yesterday. Also finished up Nier. I had been near the end for a while. I liked the game. The way the areas in the world were set up had kind of a Zelda like feel.

The story was interesting. Different. And then it puked the story all over you at the end. It tells you about files that explain things, during one of the final cut scenes. I did not read them at that time. I didn't even know the game was giving you files that explained things along the way, until that point. I wasn't going to break up the flow of the ending by stopping to read them. Just seemed awkward. But after finishing the game and being confused as hell I read the synopsis and such. The story would have been really really cool, if they had just conveyed it to the reader better. Shoot, if they had done the black screen white text before the credits that would have been fine too.

I will probably play it again, but I'm not sure I'm fond of them leaving things out of the story to put them in subsequent playthroughs. I'm all for finding ways to keep people playing your game after beating it, but I'm not sure about leaving bits of the story out. Then again, maybe it doesn't work until you already know a little about it. I guess I won't know until I play it again. Which I will, eventually.

Interesting game even if they dump a pile of plot twists without adequate explanation in the narrative on you at the end of the game.

Currently addicted to Monster Hunter Freedom: Unite for PSP. Bloody good game...
    Project:Mithril, sponsored by Petra's Tech Shop and Sidewinder Computers-MOTM Nominee October '08

Still playing World of Warcraft, I've been playing a lot of old stuff and freebies lately though. Plants VS Zombies, Dungeon Overlord, Planescape Torment, Final Fantasy VII, and Might & Magic VI.
    The Ghostwheel Project
    "A lot of theoretical crap involving space and time and some notions of some guys named Everett and Wheeler."

:: Spectre : GHOST 38.1 Mk1 : GHOST 38.1 Mk 2 : GHOST 38.2 ::

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Working my way through Crysis 2 atm. Definitely a worthy successor, and many, many, gameplay things fixed from the original as well.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

I can't wait to get my hands on Crysis 2 .
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08

Beat Batman: Arkham Asylum a couple days ago. Really liked it. Wished it was a bit longer, but only because I liked it so much.

Playing through Zelda: Ocarina of Time now. I've got two copies for n64, but I was having a hard time with the blurry colors and being able to easily see whats next, so I tossed it on the pc with high res texture pack and am using my 360 controller. Controller took a bit getting used to, but second nature now. I still don't think it holds a candle to A Link to the Past, even with upgraded graphics. Too many wtf do I do now moments. I remember looking everywhere for hours as a kid.

Wow, I have to say, I am impressed with Crysis 2. 16 hours of gameplay (only losing maybe ~20 minutes to a couple deaths) and I'm not done yet! Granted, I have a much slower method of playing than some people...snipe + cloak + silencers ..but even if you did it run-and-gun, it would probably be at least half that. That is quite impressive for a modern FPS. And the story's actually not bad either! Not on par with, say, the Fallout games, but compared to the normal fare for FPSs, it's practically Shakespeare.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin

I started playing through Just Cause 2 last night. ...that game is #$@! FUN!

Also, 18 hours on Crysis 2 and counting. I keep expecting it to end, and then there's another mission.
    --Benjamin Franklin