Page 15 of 49 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you beaten recently? What are you playing?

Default Re: What have you beaten recently? What are you playing?

Quote Originally Posted by Airbozo View Post
    Just started playing Left 4 Dead again and realized why I stopped. There is no real story line. Everything is open and you can just pick the level you want to play. If you stop playing you have to remember where you were and select that level again.

I am having fun with it, but felt it could use more connection and storyline.
    If you play it right you should be able to finish a whole campaign in less than an hour, under two on expert.

Each campaign is its own story, loosely tied together with fan speculation and a few of the lines the characters say. They are meant to be stand alone "movies" in a quadrilogy. I'd say the story is fleshed out about as well as most Hollywood zombie movies (which is usually little to none).

Right now I'm playing Hammerfight, which is on sale for $5 on Steam right now. I played the beta when it was still in development and then it fell off my radar for a few years. There is something refreshingly SNES about it, but the physics of the game will make your mouse feel heavy, which is great. There is a bit of a learning curve. You will likely fail levels two or three or four or five times before finally beating it and moving on. The story can be a bit vague at times, but the gameplay is really fun, so I like it. It's a definite "go buy it now" game at $5.

Beat COD:WaW in a day. (Had some free time procrastinating midterms). Only did it so I could get to playing Nazi Zombies with the fiance. Was fun. "Ooohhh NoooOOO. They're coming in the windows!!! EeeeeEeeeK!", lol.

We went through and played coop the first time, but apparently it doesn't save your progress. So when you stop, and then go back to it, you'd have to play from the beginning again. Argh. Hence why I had to bang out single player in a day, lmfao.

Anodized

I just beat Super Dodge Ball for Gameboy Advanced, now im playing Dungeon Seige:Legends of Arrana er whatever it's called.

Trying to get my new computer up and running so i can play wow again.

just finished COD MW2 before work. loved the cinematic ending. very cool. pretty short game though. I have yet to move on to the spec ops part.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER

Last Thoughts

I heard that recently Chuck Norris beat the Sims 3.

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

I just got the new DLC for Borderlands. It's pretty damn fun so far.

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

I actually haven't yet...when my SSD died, I lost my character, so I've been working on building up another char to play through the new DLC with some friends. I just hit 47 last night (I think...if not, I'm really close), so just 3 more levels!
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

I've played through it like four times now... and thanks to a save file editor, I've messed up a couple of my saves, lol. Thankfully one of them hasn't been touched yet so I'll play through it with my bro at lvl34.

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Just make sure you don't try Playthrough 2 of General Knoxx at lvl 34...you will be slaughtered. Apparently Playthrough 1 is best done in the upper 20's, but Playthrough 2 the enemies start at 50/51, so if you're not at 50 yet, you will die...a lot.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

I believe General Knoxx was made to be a continuation of the story. Definitely not doing it in Playthrough 2 at lvl 34, but everything is at the right level for me in the first playthrough. I already keep dying a ton at lvl 36 when playing by myself... gonna wait for my bro to get home from work to do some co-op.