Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cardboard sff media pc

Fresh Paint

Default Re: Cardboard sff media pc

Well nice idea!

I am thinking of making a new one using a 15" lcd monitor box.
    I am using intel 845GVSR motherboard(it's a small one) and other regular components.

Will post photos soon.

100% Recycled Pixels. Twigsoffury's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luke122 View Post
    I personally wouldnt leave it running unsupervised, but I cant really see it being dangerous.
    sort of what i thought with no case fans and a cpu with no thermal shutdown?

Fresh Paint

I've been running the computer for about 4 months now, the cpu fan vents outside (its the centrifugal, noisy type), as does the PSU fan so it gets warm but heat is never a problem, and I think the P4 has either thermal throttling or shutdown or both so its safeish.

It hasn't caused any problems apart from the noise and I had to re cut the DVI port as I got a new monitor. It has proved to be a solid and reliable box. I will upgrade the two old hard drives for a new 1Tb one as that will be cooler.

Fresh Paint

can i hear spray cans.. +respect

I would suggest installing some additional fans as a safety precaution.

Quote Originally Posted by hyte View Post
    Nice designs, I've seen the first around a lot but i think because almost each piece needs a void removing it is more wasteful than it needs to be. By using a simple sheet design the second design and mine makes better use of cardboard, though I have not done this to be green as I had to discard (send to be recycled) the old case.

Fire is not a practical problem but http://www.stageservicesshop.com/sho...r-p-16134.html would be a good idea if doing this on anything more than an individual level, after all the plastic has flame retardant in. I've used this stuff for scenery and its very good.
    Hey thanks for this I think I might get a bottle of it if I can find it in Australia. I'm gonna go crazy with it.