Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how to get chrome look?

Anodized

Default how to get chrome look?

hey guys as some of u know ive been painting my case and for a few parts i want them to be chrome but i realise that u cant really get a good effect with spraypaint chrome and i was wandering if maybe vinyl would be a good option? if so were could i get some from locally (considering im in australia)
    BTW by "vinyl" i mena like the stuff u get for your xbox like a big sticker
    SEMPER FI

Anodized

Default Re: how to get chrome look?

hey hey i managed to source some of the "avery" vinyl in bright chrome its the same stuff they use on car decals apparently. if anyone in Australia, Melbourne area is interested i can either give u the details of the company or i can order some extra with mine then send it out to you. btw it comes in almost every colour you can think of even in chameleon colours which looks awesome theres also any colour chrome ie orange green blue red black theres even brushed aluminium looking one and depending on which type u go for they can last years and years and years. Anyway Cheers SaWBLaDe.
    SEMPER FI

ATX Mental Case

I'm interested (though I don't live in Australia), what's the stuff called?

Anodized

its simply "vinyl" by a company called Avery its much easier to get in europe and the US compared to australia u can cut it to whatever shape u want and it will outlast your computer also depending on what type you get depends on the lifespan its also resistent to high temperautes and very low temperatures. this stuff aside from being used for automotive decals is also mostly used for signmaking. here is a link to there webpage im sure u will find more info on it here: http://www.avery.com/home.html but to find it whereever u are u shoudl try what i did and just look for signmaking shops i managed to find a few here that have it and im ordering some today. sorry i couldnt be of more help. SaWBLaDe
    SEMPER FI

woah thats awesome! nice find sawblade!

ATX Mental Case

That was all the info I needed, sawblade, thank you!

Resident Alcoholic

Find a shop which sells spraypaint used for graffiti writing (NOT normal spraypaint which is thin and ****ty). You are looking for a can called 'Molotow burner chrome' it comes in 600ml and 400ml and will cover perfectly in one single coat with a fantastic finish. Just remember to shake it for like 4 mins before using it, especialy the 600ml!

Anodized

thx for the info onelegout but i think ill stick with the vinyl so unless i i have huge problems with it (which i highly doubt since ive used small bits of it before) also its much easier to cut it into flames which is what im planning rather than to tape off areas anyway ill probably pick up a can of that stuff anyway sounds handy to have aslo there just happens to be a place in the city ("downtown" i think is how they say it in the US) that sells nothing but graffiti paint and music. SaWBLaDe.
    SEMPER FI

Resident Alcoholic

Quote Originally Posted by SaWBLaDe
    thx for the info onelegout but i think ill stick with the vinyl so unless i i have huge problems with it (which i highly doubt since ive used small bits of it before) also its much easier to cut it into flames which is what im planning rather than to tape off areas anyway ill probably pick up a can of that stuff anyway sounds handy to have aslo there just happens to be a place in the city ("downtown" i think is how they say it in the US) that sells nothing but graffiti paint and music. SaWBLaDe.
    Hahah just realised you're from smellburn! Melbourne is graffiti mecca right now! Come to think of it, i think that one of the graff writers i know from melbourne works in a printers and has tonnes of vinyl, im sure i could get you some free.....I'll email him now!

Edit: aaah no my bad he's from sydney! I'll still ask around though
    Peace
    H

Anodized

SaWBLaDe, whats the name or address of that shop? id love to get some of that thick spray for ravage. Cheers!
    - I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.
    - Douglas Adams -