Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Silverstone Raven: Ultimate PC Case

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

Default Re: Silverstone Raven: Ultimate PC Case

Sorry I was kinda tired when I looked at the pic, I thought the cables were coming out the front. Crazy B did mis-interpret what I said though. I meant that it would be cool for the cables coming out the top to plug into a sorta junction box arrangement. That way all the cables could come out the back and eliminate most of them sitting on top of the case.

When the top cover is on wouldn't it create a heat pocket due to the exhaust fan being covered up? It is a user friendly design, and the case is overall appealing (should be an alu front instead of plastic ) but the top plate should be painted black to stop it looking so out of place when the top cover is off.

It wouldn't be a case for a water cooler, not before some serious hacking anyway.
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08

Measure once, curse twice nevermind1534's Avatar

They never paint the back (or in this case, the top) of the case. I think it's for grounding reasons.

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nevermind1534 View Post
    They never paint the back (or in this case, the top) of the case. I think it's for grounding reasons.
    Then why do we paint that panel? I have seen tons of stock cases with all the panels painted. I just think it is the manufacturer, in this case Silverstone being stingy and cutting costs. If I am going to buy an "enthusiest" gaming chassis I expect all the bases to be covered.
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08

Measure once, curse twice nevermind1534's Avatar

I think I'm going to paint mine too. It's more convenient to touch anywhere on the back of the case than a screw, or some other exposed metal. You're probably also right about cutting costs, since they are only painting the side panels, not the inside, and yours is probably the biggest reason, if not the only reason.