Thread: Project: Flux

Default Re: Project: Flux

looks good cant wait to c more +rep
    stop by some time
    http://birch-run.myminicity.com

if u want somthing go after it and dont let nothing stop u

Default Update 3

Hi Guys,

Managed to get some more work done on the rear of the case today. Specificly part of the waterloop.

I brought some clear 10mm O/D tubing, some hose fittings and a bulkhead pass through connector.

I wanted to take the tube from the rad back inside the case through the rear of the motherboard tray. The tray wont be removable once the mod is finished so I decided to route the tube through the area designed for 2 x 40mm fans. I have an 80mm exhaust behind the HDD bays so wouldnt be using the 40mm fans so it was ideal to go through there.

Picture below of these parts with the 80mm rad and some peices I cut from Acrylic. Also some perforated steel and all the nuts bolts and washers I used.

I started by cutting holes in the steel to allow tubing to pass through the back of the motherboard tray to the 80mm rad:

Then applied the surround I had cut from acrylic with 4 M3 bolts, using washers to clamp the two peices together:

Next I cut the motherboard tray to allow the surround to be bolted to it:

Tubes connected to the rad:

Then cut some spacers from acrylic to hold the tube in the position I wanted it in:

Fitted the fan and bracket back onto the rad:

And finally the surround and steel backplate:

I am really quite proud of how this has turned out. I still need to touch up the edges on some of the acrylic but have flame polished most of it so the edges are really smooth and give off quite a shine.

I hope to carry this theme of compression fittings, clear tube and orange spacers/supports throughout the whole waterloop, both inside the case and on the top panel.

I hope you like the look, I have taken alot of pictures of the end result as I was so chuffed with it, enjoy:

Thanks for reading

Xperiment

My Worklogs: Reality Bytes / Flux

Looks awesome, nice choice of colors you've got there, it blends togehter very nicely !!!
    The spacers doing a good job there, just dont overdo it, like put them all the way around the tubing.
    Looks just perfect if they sit just enough of them to hold the tubing in nice curves.

The plate that holds the tubes in to the case looks just right with the acrylic and the mesh, like factory built

Sexy Hot Nurse ..... NOT!! b4i7's Avatar

very clean X, looks great

Quote Originally Posted by intergalacticman View Post
    stunning, how does one tap a hole?

Looks great!
    This is probably my favorite current worklog.

+rep for sure! this looks just amazing! really pro.

obviously can't wait for next updates!

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

Very nice work on the tubing, looks fantastic. Excellent work. +rep
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    Looks awesome, nice choice of colors you've got there, it blends togehter very nicely !!!
    The spacers doing a good job there, just dont overdo it, like put them all the way around the tubing.
    Looks just perfect if they sit just enough of them to hold the tubing in nice curves.

The plate that holds the tubes in to the case looks just right with the acrylic and the mesh, like factory built
    Thanks Enigma, I totally agree about not having too many spacers. I am going to use just enough to hold the tubing in place. I might try out a few different shapes/styles and add in abit of black too.

Quote Originally Posted by b4i7 View Post
    very clean X, looks great
    Thanks b4i7

Quote Originally Posted by tinker View Post
    Looks great!
    This is probably my favorite current worklog.
    Thanks tinker, glad you like the worklog.

Quote Originally Posted by silverdemon View Post
    +rep for sure! this looks just amazing! really pro.

obviously can't wait for next updates!
    Thanks silverdemon, should have an update up in around 15 mins

Quote Originally Posted by The boy 4rm oz View Post
    Very nice work on the tubing, looks fantastic. Excellent work. +rep
    Cheers Buddy

Default Update 4

I spent most of today cutting and bending yet more orange acrylic, no surprise there

I wanted to cover the underside of the drive bay cage in the same way I did the HDD bay, so started by trimming it a little with my dremel:

Then cut a cover from acrylic and bent into shape. The 2 holes in the centre are to allow air into the bays up into where the 120mm rad will be placed. I am going to mount some perforated steel behind the holes but have got to wait for it to be delivered:

Fitted to the cage:

A few posts back I showed the 'case floor' I had made from black acrylic. The more I looked at it the less happy I was with it so redesigned it and cut from orange acrylic. It is much the same as the black on but a little shorter. Here it is fitted to the front panel:

I also cut some 5mm holes in the front panel. I am going to mount LED's through them to give a nice glow to the black strip on the front of the case. I haven't decided on a colour yet. I think I will use a mixture of orange and white:

Here is the front panel joined to the drive bay cage:

I also tried out some ideas I had with the front fans and the black box I mounted to keep the front wires tidy. I am not really sure what to make of it at this stage. I wanted to make a kind of fan grill/cover to add a little bit of detail to the area behind the fans.
    Let me know what you think of it so far, I'm not sure:

Lastly here is how the 'case floor' will hide the wiring between the front I/O and the motherboard. The floor is just above the I/O panel, so the wires run under it:

Then the motherboard tray slides over them:

When in position pushes up against the floor to hide the wires. The wires will then reappear on the side of the motherboard tray next to the sockets on the motherboard:

Hope you've enjoyed the update, thanks for reading.

Xperiment

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

Even your alligator clamps match the mod lol. Great idea with the plexi floor. My next mod is going to be silver, white and purple and I want to see if I can incorporate some of your ideas into the mod.
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08