Thread: 360 HDTV ... messed up screen?

Greco101

Default 360 HDTV ... messed up screen?

Alright... So I finally hooked it up to my TV (I've been at my gf's for the last few days) and it has the HD plugs in the back... but when I switch the 360 to HD the screen goes weird. Not fuzzy... but random shapes/colors if you know what I mean. Is the switch only for 1080/720? Because I think my tv is only 480p.

Default Re: 360 HDTV ... messed up screen?

There's a couple things.. on the Xbox360 plug there is a switch.. make sure it's set to HD.

Second, make sure that you have the colors plugged in correctly (green, blue, red).

If you do both those right, then the xbox will default to 480p, and you can select the screen resolution want from the system settings panel on the dashboard.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

Greco101

Yep, I double checked my plugs and they were correct. Also, sorry for being vague but the switch on the xbox cable was the HD switch I was talking about. When that is switched from TV to HD it goes screwy. I googled my TV and apparently those "HD plugs" are really "FD"???

It's a Sony 24" FD Trinitron WEGA Widescreen TV

EDIT:: I tried looking up FD since I've never heard of it and it seems to just be some random initials sony decided to put on that tv line. So wtf? I have HD plugs.......... but........ no HD? haha.

Component video inputs (red/green/blue) dont necessarily mean HD. But you will get the best possible picture using those inputs rather than regular rca in (yellow) or even Svideo (the round one with 7? pins in it).

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

I can't find any definitive info on that tv, but looking at sony's specs it seems that it is a standard def tv, it just has the component inputs. Even though its 24" and widescreen, i think it is still SD. You will probably only be able to use 480p on that screen. Sorry I couldn't be any more help. Just if it was able to support HD res's I would think sony would advertise it on its specs on the site, but it isn't so Im thinking its just SD. Sorry.

Even if it does 480p, that's still a pretty nice picture. I almost hate to say this, but it might only be 480i.

Oh well, try it out. It'll still be plenty enjoyable to play, but some games *cough*deadrising*cough* NEED HD to be able to read the text on the screen.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/