Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Monitor / Workspace Modding * quad monitors* * Dialup warning** large images

Default Re: Monitor / Workspace Modding * quad monitors* * Dialup warning** large images

btw the dell printer rocks I did some product testing for them and got it free a few years ago its a 3010cn color laser.

Anodized

Default Re: Monitor / Workspace Modding * quad monitors* * Dialup warning** large images

Sounds like a fun project. I will be working from home in about 6-9 months time when my new house is built.

Say Greg, you like in Ohio by chance?

I am in Missouri

**quick update that program rocks** is a breeze to configure and I can now use my mouse between all 5 monitors ( 4 + laptop)

Come on folks toss me some of those award winning ideas!

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

Since it appears you have all LCDs, you could make some adjustable arms that hold them all in place. Make it so that you can readjust them so you have a long row [ ][ ][ ][ ] or the four stacked in a square like that. Go nuts with it.

actually that was my orig thought but I having trouble thinking of a viable way to do that ( I dont have a machine shop.
    Thoughts?

one of my concerns is the cables with an adjustable setup

Quote Originally Posted by imgregrice View Post
    one of my concerns is the cables with an adjustable setup
    For that I'd attach them to the arms somehow... just get longer cables (I know the quality goes down, but yeah...) and zip tie them to the arms with enough slack on joints for maneuverability (what a long word, eh? lol)... I think that would work out...

yeah quality is huge for me I have alot invested in quality screens and vid cards and I only use DVI cables plus I doubt I could buy 4 arms for under $300 which is my budget. unless anyone has some kind of trick or brilliant plan!

You could also build a cabinet, lol... or MAKE the arms, I don't think it's too hard, just draw up some plans (or get someone that knows what they're doing to draw them for you), and make them out of square stock or something...

I don't know how much quality would be lost if you have a couple extra feet of cable... It's too bad they don't make wireless video connectors.

I want it to look nice im thinking making the arms wouldn't be really hard but i dont think I have the tools to do something like that ( depending on material I guess)