Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hibernate?

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

Default Hibernate?

Did M$ kill off the ability to hibernate XP machines? This last update really ****ed over a lot of things... to lock the PC when the screensaver comes on it HAS to go to the welcome screen... it looks like I can no longer hibernate my PC... gah. They're pissing me off. Idiots. Everyone's making everything idiot proof by disabling all the features. Screw you M$ update. I'm not using you any more.

Default Re: Hibernate?

You have to go into control panel and modify the Power options. it's still there. may require a reboot to enable it.

or, you can:

1: Click Start and Shut Down,

2: Point the cursor over the standby button and press the shift key

3: A new hibernation button appears: click it while still holding the shift key: voila your PC will hibernate.
    Last edited by Crimson Sky; 11-20-2007 at 10:21 PM.
    In a time of chimpanzees I was a monkey.

Well, thats where I looked to change it and they removed it... Ill try the second\third option. And I have a busted keyboard and am using an old crap one... wow everything in my life is going to hell (it is not just this either... too much... ugh...).

whoa dude...breathe......
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Trying. Just having a lot of crap with college. Seems as though I can't find enjoyment anywhere, lol.

Just hang in there. And can't find enjoyment anywhere shoot. You know you love us. Just wait, one of use will make a comment and you will be ROTFLOLIRL and then you will be saying, "damn, they got me".

If you need me to I will go into your college and tell your teachers to back off abit on all the work. Ill tell em your needed on the forum for "motivational purposes". Believe me, they will understand. I know how to work these things .

Edit: And I hear ya about keyboard issues lol. My macbook under bootcamp doesn't want to type the darn number symbol. Everytime I try it just makes the damn euro symbol lol. See watch. £1. I was trying to type number one. Thats why I haven't gotten on the IRC because I can't type the damn numberTBCS. I could, but im too lazy to reboot into OSX lmao.

Well college isn't a cakewalk, but it is what you make of it as is most things in life. You just have to learn to make the best of otherwise bad or normal circumstances. As for M$, you're screwed.

Jon
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Microsoft haven't disabled the Hibernation feature.

Goto Control Panel
    Goto Power Option
    Click on the Hibernate tab
    Makes sure Hibernation is enabled.
    Antec Sonata II | Pioneer DVR-212
    Good news! You can follow my website or follow me on twitter!

I'll doublecheck the power settings.

It's just that I keep getting BS for computer classes. I am DONE with those. Stupid M$ office crap. I mean, the tutorial book we got doesn't explain jack ****. The Word tutorials were great but everything else makes no sense and they skip steps. AND the teacher is retarded and told us to submit the wrong file so I got a ****ing FIVE on PowerPoint... god. I also have an old guy with PMS for a writing teacher. Ah well. I think I'll take off next semester and just work.

Here's a number symbol for you to copy/paste: #

Happy Christmahanakwanzakuh.

Oh my poor child, cherish these moments. I gets so much worse....Merry Christmahanakwanzakuh though.