Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Project Simplicity

AP BC Calculus = Headaches

Default Re: Project Simplicity

i personally like green better, its so easy to work with especially considering lighting. true red lighting is hard to come by these days.... my vote goes for UV green
    Intel Pent D 2.66Ghz| 2Gigs| 18x DVD-RW| 200, 40 GB| 550W ATX| Zalman 9500

@ Elbarto
    Thanks for the input, but I just think I'll make the window and Fans Easily interchangable, so if i suddenly change my mind it'll be a 10 minute job swapping them all out. Thanks.

like the Swedish Chef with a Screwdriver gntlkilr's Avatar

Blebbz, man, you got me beat in the coolness factor. My case is simple. Yours is sweet.

"Voltage is like a big lake of milk surrounded by giant chocolate chip cookies. But if the chocolate chip cookies happen to break, the milk coming out is your current."

Anodized

If you want true-red lighting, use a red transparency sheet, like for overhead projectors. I used this trick on my 2nd case back in the day b/c i didn't like the look of the red cathode i bought. I had a clear window and put the transparency sheet over the cathode. I suppose you could use it on the window too, just layer it behind clear plexi.

Love the design btw, i'm doing a plexi case myself at the moment. (doesn't have a name yet though..i'm open to suggestions!!)
    "the bada and the bing"

Thanks liquid fire
    Thanks loads, I've been hunting round for some decent red plexi/acrylic for ages but I can't seem to find it anywhere, but now I'll just use the red transparency sheet, and it'll probably work out a lot lot cheaper. But What about air bubbles? I'm a bit screwed if I end up with those . Ahh well, I better get this thing moving, expect the finished metal parts in the next few days

Anodized

Quote Originally Posted by Blebbz View Post
    Thanks liquid fire
    Thanks loads, I've been hunting round for some decent red plexi/acrylic for ages but I can't seem to find it anywhere, but now I'll just use the red transparency sheet, and it'll probably work out a lot lot cheaper. But What about air bubbles? I'm a bit screwed if I end up with those . Ahh well, I better get this thing moving, expect the finished metal parts in the next few days
    Would 3M spray adhesive work, or would it just make it cloudy btwn the colored and the clear?
    I went to Delvies plastic online for my plexi: http://www.delviesplastics.com/
    They have translucent and transparent in all colors, so you can get red plexi, i'd still use the transparency over the lights though.
    "the bada and the bing"

estreetplastics.com has red plexi, both transparent and translucent, IIRC.

MAJOR SETBACK
    I was just about to take the photos of the completed metal cuts, when i noticed that there was nothing there to take photos of.
    I searched frantically until I discovered that my stupid mother threw them out earlier that day... along with the mobo tray that I had based the case design around and case fans.
    I had them all in a box neatly tucked away, so when she opened it to see what was inside when I was out at school, she spotted the pieces of metal that I was planning to use for the front plate, and judged it as junk.
    Now I have to start all over agen.

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

Man that sucks major ass. I told my mum that if she ever touches any of my computer stuff I will disown her lol.
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08

Good job I hadn't bought the stuff what really matters though.