Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blue Screen Issue?

AP BC Calculus = Headaches

Default Blue Screen Issue?

I am building a bare bones PC from tiger direct. Intel Pentium D Dual Core, 2 Gigs, 40 Gig HDD, 200 Gig HDD, lightscribe DVD burner.

Whenever I boot up the PC, the OS screen starts loading but then a blue screen appears saying "A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer..."

i think it might be the CPU overheating, but that might not be the problem. any ideas guys? any help would be great.
    Intel Pent D 2.66Ghz| 2Gigs| 18x DVD-RW| 200, 40 GB| 550W ATX| Zalman 9500

Where the hell is the "any" key? HackSore's Avatar

Default Re: Blue Screen Issue?

When does the blue screen occur? is it when you are trying to install the os? or is it after the os installation is totally finished?

1. Check cables.
    2. Check temps.
    3. Check for bad parts (RAM, CPU, HDD, etc).
    4. Do a repair install of Windows.
    RIP Bucko

AP BC Calculus = Headaches

the os is already loaded and ready on the primary HDD. cables are fine but ill check again. temps are actucally the thing that im worried about, my CPU is runnin around 50-55c. i already checked the ram and cpu and i know the HDD isnt the problem. repair install windows is my last resort. anymore advice?

im going to reseat the CPU and reinstall the zalman CPU cooler. hopefully that solves the issue at hand.

thanks for the advice.
    Intel Pent D 2.66Ghz| 2Gigs| 18x DVD-RW| 200, 40 GB| 550W ATX| Zalman 9500

dammit man that temp ishigh, even for an intel D, and the zalaman HSF's are excelent.

BTW, whats the error code on the BSOD? is normally shorted hex code and an extended hex code,

With that we can narrow it down.

Mary had a little lamb. It bumped into a pylon. Ten thousand volts went up its arse and turned its wool to nylon!

well the last time i got the BSOD i was told to do a scan disk check so if you have another pc try moving the hdd over to it or install windows on a new hdd then scan disk check it.
    CPU: Q6600 G0 3.5GHz@1.4v (4.2GHz max) / 4790k 4.8ghz @1.265v
    GPU: 9800GTX /GTX780 hydrocopper
    Ram: Samsung 4GB /gskill 16gb DDR3 1600
    Mobo: EVGA-NF68-A1 680i (P32) /AsRock Extreme6
    PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850Watt /EVGA 850 G2
    HDD: OCZ 120GB Vertex4, Samsung evo 840 250GB
    LCD: Samsung 32" LN32A450, Samsung 226BW 22" wide
    Sound: Logtiech Z 5500
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v

BSOD IMAGE

notice the last bit, STOP 0x000000050

thats your error code, if you can note that down, that is the most usful bit on info from the BSOD and will help solve your problem.

Mary had a little lamb. It bumped into a pylon. Ten thousand volts went up its arse and turned its wool to nylon!

ATX Mental Case

MY Pentium D idles at about 49C.. I thought it was normal for this proc.
    i had a P4 that idled around 55c and i overclocked it 55 doesn't seem "blue screen high" to me. i don't think it would blue screen till it hit about 80c and started to throttle.

ATX Mental Case

the Pentium D is a totally different processor than the Core 2 Duo. so its temperatures are going to be different. but actually my C2D idles/loads at 40/60 so i wouldn't worry about it.

oh and to keep things on topic, elbarto i would check your ram with something like memtest86

I didn't know I can put a custom title Dilphat's Avatar

Well having the error code would be nice. But i remember I had an issue before trying to reformat my brothers computer and It would either give me a BSOD or shut off. Then I tried my other HDD and it worked until it was loading, and then I would get it. I went through everything, then I figured that my CPU wasn't properly in contact with the heat sink. So check to make sure that they are properly touching. the arctic silver wasn't even on the heatsink.
    Do origami to calm yourself when something doesn't make sense or fit! haha, if all else fails get the paper you folded and burn it for no apparent reason.