Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The best route for a gaming laptop?

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Default Re: The best route for a gaming laptop?

Quote Originally Posted by crenn View Post
    The answer is yes and no. The laptop would have to have the space inside and also the ability to dissipate all the thermal energy (aka heat).

I know of one of my friends who puts in new parts for his dell laptops. So it's possible, which parts to get etc.
    ah, thats why I ask. I don't know if they make the integrated graphics laptops differently from the dedicated gpu laptops. I wish I knew someone who had both, then I could just look. lol
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Look at the service manuals. I believe you can get them on the Dell US website.
    Antec Sonata II | Pioneer DVR-212
    Good news! You can follow my website or follow me on twitter!

Is awesome

What about voodoo? http://voodoopc.com/default.aspx Huh? huh?

okay okay, you can have comparable laptops for half the price. Or less.

But you can have TATTOOS on them! that's DEFINITELY worth 500$!
    You love my sig.

Voodoo's are built in Calgary, and are now partnered with HP. Back in 98, I worked for a college here and Voodoo was one of the technology suppliers before they went all boutique. Very cool company to deal with.. their sales rep was a riot.. he used to take us out drinking! I tried to get a job there in 1999, but they sadly werent hiring at the time.

Anyways, Voodoo's are cool but pricey, just like any boutique company.

I've got a Dell XPS m1210 with a 7400 in it. It's the smallest one they make, 12.1" display. I have played WoW on it no problem with almost everything maxed. I find the 12" display is fine once you get used to it.. if you really want to game on a big screen get a monitor to hook it up to.

If the small keyboard is a bother, get a fullsize keyboard to attach. I (and most people I bet) have a laptop for it's portability.. if they need to do serious work on it, they have a monitor, keyboard, mouse, and speakers to plug into it on their desk. (Like me). I've always had good luck with Dell's for both support, price, and reliability.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

Is awesome

Yeah, voodoo is VERY overpriced, but if i was rich and wanted an exclusive laptop, i would go for voodoo. I'll bet they'll happily meet any of my demands for laptop service, as well as the fact they look cool, and are partnered with HP, whom i like because my father has been happily employed there for 27 years.
    You love my sig.

Overclocked

I have an Alienware Laptop and I love it. I would say Alienware most definately if he has the money, or the dell xps line which I think is more expensive than alienware.

When I got my xps m1210, I spent $2200 CAD.. but I did get the best processor available, and 2gb ram.. and a wicked leather case... and the bigger battery..

Yeah, it was pricey, but financing is $59/month, so whoop-de-doo

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

Yeah, I think it's 5 years.. but there's no penalty for paying it out early, and I often make extra payments on it. The goal was to have it paid off by sept 14th, but I think i might slow that a bit, and pay it out by November instead.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/