Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Raidmax Smilodon

Default Raidmax Smilodon

On This case, I heard it has strange airflow. Also does anyone have a pic of this case complete. I really like it and was considering buying it.
    Please read the TOS regarding links in signatures. We don't take kindly to that sort of thing. -The Mods

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Default Re: Raidmax Smilodon

I actually like that case alot. At one point in time I was thinking about buying one, but I decided that if I was going to pay more than twenty dollars for a case that I would just go all out and buy something in the two hundred dollar range instead. lol its okay, even I don't understand my logic sometimes.

But anyways, I've heard its a good case. I haven't heard of the strange airflow though, but I'm sure you could fix that, since most of the people who even know about this forum already know those kinds of basics pretty well, or can figure them out, or can ask for help. ^_^

Just in case you haven't already, check out the review by 3dGameMan. It received a good rating from the reviewer as well as plenty of good ratings from users.

Here are a bunch of user took pictures from the Smilodon Xoxide page. Just scroll down to the bottom of the page and you'll see them.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Thanks, never thought about looking on xoxide. I love how the sides come off, such a great design. I watched that review and it was good.I like how theres even a hidden little toolbox!
    Please read the TOS regarding links in signatures. We don't take kindly to that sort of thing. -The Mods

I ordered two. I'm sitting next to one right now.
    I had to order a replacement front door for both because the metal on the front was dented. . the packaging is poor recycled cardboard instead of Styrofoam. The HD LED connectors are upside down. 550w Power Supply is Required.

Otherwise it's a decent case, the components are easily accessible.
    You have to watch out when your closing the motherboard door it will cut the wires.

I modded one of the broken front doors on Page 2 of my old worklog.

Quote Originally Posted by Eclecticos View Post
    I ordered two. I'm sitting next to one right now.
    I had to order a replacement front door for both because the metal on the front was dented. . the packaging is poor recycled cardboard instead of Styrofoam. The HD LED connectors are upside down. 550w Power Supply is Required.

Otherwise it's a decent case, the components are easily accessible.
    You have to watch out when your closing the motherboard door it will cut the wires.

I modded one of the broken front doors on Page 2 of my old worklog.
    Who'd you order it from? Is the 550w required because of all the leds built in? I guess every case does have its cons.

How much faster can you render the bsod? Ap1thy's Avatar

I didnt happen to care for the noise from mine and imo the 80mm fan above the cpu is blowing the wrong way. however it was also very nice to look at and you can replace the fans

Quote Originally Posted by aintnothang View Post
    Who'd you order it from? Is the 550w required because of all the leds built in? I guess every case does have its cons.
    Newegg. Yea. . has allot of fans and Lights.

It comes with a power supply, right?

Well looks like they do now. and a 40 Dollar rebate. Link

How much faster can you render the bsod? Ap1thy's Avatar

the 500watter it comes with is rubbish, you wont run any modern gaming apps on it.