Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: This was unexpected...

100% Recycled Pixels. Twigsoffury's Avatar

Default Re: This was unexpected...

I'd still race you in my jeep

And i'd probably win right up to 40~45mph.

motor trend says 6.6 to 60mph on your camaro

jeep bumps to 60mph in 5.9 if its in 4WD (Hi-pass) with the rear interlocker engaged.

but it'll get to 40mph in a little under 4.3 seconds or about.

The numbers on this car are remarkably similar to Camaros we've tested in the past. With 323 horsepower available from the 3.6-liter V-6, we would expect some startling acceleration numbers. Unfortunately, our test car weighed in at 4105 pounds. Meaning that our ponycar just barely beats an everyday sedan like the Toyota Camry in power-to-weight ratio. Sadly, the Camaro's 6.6-second 0-60 run is also slower than the 6.1-6.3-second 0-60 runs we recorded with Camry V-6s in the past. It is also nearly 400 pounds heavier than a recently tested Mustang V-6 convertible. This might explain why the Camaro is a tenth of a second slower to 60 than the Mustang with 18 less horsepower. The Mustang holds that 0.1-second advantage in the quarter-mile, turning in a 14.8-second run at 95.3 mph while the Camaro was only slightly slower at 14.9 seconds at 94.7 mph.
    You also weigh more then i do fully loaded.

Let alone if i take off the doors, roof, windshield, rear tire, rear tail gate, rear seat, and tool boxes. I can probably shed 400 pounds of that weight.

(not my jeep but i've done that to mine....roll cage comes off as well)

My 1/4 mile times would be hilarious though, you'd smoke my ass like a joint. I'm guessing mid 19's into the low 20's

Jeep just has nothing left to give at about 65mph. (but that sh@# will climb a mountain of camaros with ease)

[edit]

you know i think i can switch from 4 L to 4 H on the fly while driving, but i'll be damned if im trying it on the jeep hahahaha.

Measure once, curse twice nevermind1534's Avatar

Nice replacement car! I saw the pics on Google+ and had to come back to check out the thread.
    Help my mini city
    Population Industry Transport Security
    Quote Originally Posted by progbuddy View Post
    It's probably the extreme radiation from the nuclear core in your phone. Push the control rod all the way in.
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanLegend_NY View Post
    I'm not selling it in hell I'm selling it on eBay.

Custom Title Honors

Quote Originally Posted by Twigsoffury View Post
    My 1/4 mile times would be hilarious though, you'd smoke my ass like a joint. I'm guessing mid 19's into the low 20's

i'm 19 seconds fast yo!

i had this recall in my 2002 Ford Explorer

Well they are definitely different classes of vehicles. I would never try to take the Camaro rock climbing.

You know.. I went into it knowing it wasn't the fastest car on the block. I basically bought it because I like it. It's pretty quick.. quick enough for me in any event. For about the same price I could have gotten a stripped down SS. The biggest thing I miss over the SS is the deep throaty sound of the V8.

Other then that, it rides extremely nice, it doesn't feel like your bouncing around down the road. It's very comfortable. It's got some really nice features, such as heads up display on the windshield, backup camera in the rear view mirror. (Total bonus items for me) XM Satellite Radio, OnStar (which is a lot cooler then I thought it would be), USB support on the radio, steering wheel controls, Bluetooth (which can be used for your phone, GPS, and/or music player), aux input, paddle shifters, auto headlamps, heated seats, and remote start. Pretty much my dream list of features.

It's alot of fun, and I am enjoying it.

Quote Originally Posted by B1Gtime View Post
    i had this recall in my 2002 Ford Explorer
    Apparently it covered 1993 to 2004, also Ranger, Expedition, F150, and Explorer. Explorer and the F150 are basically the same platform. Glad you got your's taken care of. It floors me there hasn't been a bigger deal made about it. One thing I have learned is to make sure to check for recall bulletins for all my vehicles on a regular basis!

Quote Originally Posted by OvRiDe View Post
    Other then that, it rides extremely nice, it doesn't feel like your bouncing around down the road. It's very comfortable. It's got some really nice features, such as heads up display on the windshield, backup camera in the rear view mirror. (Total bonus items for me) XM Satellite Radio, OnStar (which is a lot cooler then I thought it would be), USB support on the radio, steering wheel controls, Bluetooth (which can be used for your phone, GPS, and/or music player), aux input, paddle shifters, auto headlamps, heated seats, and remote start. Pretty much my dream list of features.

It's alot of fun, and I am enjoying it.
    Hahaha that's everything the jeep doesn't have.

But it can do this with complete confidence.

which makes up for the lack of....everything else.

But that is a sweet sweet looking camaro, the 45th vinyls look awesome with that color.

The floppy drive is no longer obsolete. AmEv's Avatar

Carputer: Almost anything in that list can be done with one.
    Two years. They were great. Let's make the next ones even better!

Tri.fecta

Quote Originally Posted by AmEv View Post
    Carputer: Almost anything in that list can be done with one.
    Yea were drummin up using a ITX computer with a USB touch screen monitor along with a dedicated PCI-E audio card hooked up to multiple amplifiers for my buddies towncar.

Quote Originally Posted by Twigsoffury View Post
    Hahaha that's everything the jeep doesn't have.

But it can do this with complete confidence.

which makes up for the lack of....everything else.

But that is a sweet sweet looking camaro, the 45th vinyls look awesome with that color.
    LOL! Well luckily.. so far I haven't had to worry about such obstacles on my way to work, (knock on wood) but I can see how that would definitely instill some peace of mind. haha.

I have to say in a lot of instances, I have not been a fan of "special editions" but I must say they did a nice subtle but specific job on this car. And the Carbon Flash Metallic sealed the deal on the car. Thanks!

I would really love to see a good car computer work log too!!