Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Interesting HTML 5 Effects

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Default Re: Interesting HTML 5 Effects

Well someone find an HTML 5 example! I came here to see HTML 5 gosh darnit! lol
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OvRiDe View Post
    Unless your viewing it in Safari or Chrome, as far as I know.. they are the only browsers that support HTML 5. IE and FireFox haven't made the leap yet.
    Firefox 3.5 was the first publicly released (ie, not beta) web browser to support HTML5. IE, you're right, has nothing.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

It's like JFK announcing the moon mission. He had no expertise in space travel, and no way of knowing if it would work. He just announced "we're going to the moon" and then they made it happen because everyone was on the same page and working towards the same goal. If he had said "well, let's get some people in space, and we'll see how far out we can get, and if I find someone to make a rocket strong enough, we could possibly approach the moon's orbit and maybe land" it wouldn't have happened.

ATX Mental Case

So the first example is not HTML 5? If it is I have to say I am impressed.
    "Do or do not... there is no try."
    -Yoda

No, if you read through the posts we have proven that it was flash. For HTML5 it would have been awesome but for flash it's ****.
    It's like JFK announcing the moon mission. He had no expertise in space travel, and no way of knowing if it would work. He just announced "we're going to the moon" and then they made it happen because everyone was on the same page and working towards the same goal. If he had said "well, let's get some people in space, and we'll see how far out we can get, and if I find someone to make a rocket strong enough, we could possibly approach the moon's orbit and maybe land" it wouldn't have happened.

Sorry I just realized how harsh that first sentence sounded. I didn't mean it in any smog/smuck/dick/snot way.

ATX Mental Case

Quote Originally Posted by knowledgegranted View Post
    Sorry I just realized how harsh that first sentence sounded. I didn't mean it in any smog/smuck/dick/snot way.
    Nah it's all good, just didn't seem like anyone was certain even though you posted the code from the page.
    "Do or do not... there is no try."
    -Yoda

Well, anyone who stills doubts it can just look at the .swf here:
    http://mrdoob.com/lab/actionscript/p...f/05/dof05.swf

The second link has "HTML5" examples, though HTML5 alone does not do these things, you need CSS3 and a bit of JavaScript to make everything work. HTML5 is not this magic thing that will make Flash obsolete.
    Quote Originally Posted by xRyokenx View Post
    ...I'm getting tired of not being able to figure this crap out because it's apparently made for computer-illiterate people by computer-illiterate people. lol

Quote Originally Posted by mtekk View Post
    The second link has "HTML5" examples, though HTML5 alone does not do these things, you need CSS3 and a bit of JavaScript to make everything work. HTML5 is not this magic thing that will make Flash obsolete.
    What's flash?