Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Hello all need to vent

Custom Title Honors Liquid_Scope_99's Avatar

Default Hello all need to vent

Hello all as the title says i need to vent a little please reply or vent yourself .
    Well i was laid off again for two weeks going back monday which is a good thing for how long who knows anymore lol .
    My aunt died a few months ago who i was really close to earlier in my life she helped me thru some really tough times when i was like 5 yrs old .
    Well i hadent seen her in a long time before she passed my fault completly.
    We have been having it tight around the house to say the least as i know a lot of us have i know im blessed im not complaining or criing at all .
    My aunt left me a small fund before she died that i or anyone else knew anything about but i am truely greatful it i am very careful with the credit cards so its enough to pay those off buy enough propane to get us thru the winter i hope pay off a personal loan .
    My wife told me since i was using it to pay bills most of it she wanted me to build a new gaiming pc when my other pc went down i said
    Well as any of you know when you sign back up for unemployment it takes a
    while to get your money .
    So im pretty broke right now so i was really counting on that check i mean i have like $3 lol .
    Well i had to do all these diffrent things to get the money that my aunt left me i did everything to the letter triple checked .
    I had to to mail the letter like last wednesday or thursday they told me as soon as they got it they would mail my check right away because of my need
    for the money .
    Well of course it took till today to get here they shoulkd have had it by last friday .
    When the sent it too me i got all kinds of advertisements wanting me to become a customer blahblah like four letters besides the check of course
    when it got here the banks were all closed where my wife works has like a small bank kind of thing in there building they told me that they would cash it no problem well when i opened it it had the wrong %&*%^*&(* name on it .

They put my last aunts last name as mine nowhere on any document the have should my name aand hers be the same they have my social all that crap they need to prevent this kind of stuff guranteed signature .
    Well i called them today i got someone in customer service he checked everything and said it was there mistake well duh and would overnight a check on monday with the correct name .
    I might not should be so mad but this is like a financial firm no wonder there failing like mad .
    if you guys ahve anything to say or add feel free . thanks for letting me vent now for part 2 lol

I need some advice here guys where i work is at a cabinet shop i work in the door shop i have been there 15 years well we had 5 or so fulltime employees
    since the economy hit the tank .
    We got laid off well they hired my bosses daughter to come too work with us wo bascically what happened is im the only one that has been called back me.
    The daughter and the boss who is her aunt well anyway i have tried to get along with her the best i can but she wants to reinvent the wheel in everything which i dont really mind but ,

She always tell the bosss any little thing she that she thinks i did wrong 99%
    of the time it is stuff that dosent even matter like how i fold the work order papers everything i do she goes no dont do that do this .

But then sometimes when i ask her what she wants me to do she says i dosent matter to me im not the boss .
    I will be honest she is one of the bosses daughters If i stand up for myself or disagree i will get fired .

I have very low self esteem i think they thrive on that you know like to keep me worried there arent very many jobs around here i am very under educated .I didnt finish high school i mean i read decent and i dont have like a real learning problem im in no way a genuis eithier lol ,

I know i need to stay there and work what i can but guys i think im going to have a nervous breakdown or something i know nobody really loves going to work but i honestly dread every morning i get up to go to work i really need to be working and i want to work my 40 Hrs but its like being laid off is my only break from there crap but then i get depressed because im not working .

I really am not a crybaby or wimp but i dont know what else too do any andvice i could look for another job but im afraid i will work like two months get laid off and cant even draw unemployement .
    Sorry that was a long one feel a little better now any help appreciated.

Default Re: Hello all need to vent

damn man that sucks about the stupid people sending you a check w/ the wrong name.

and it sucks even more that you keep getting laid off. as for what to do, do you have the means necessary to maybe do some freelance work? might be something to look into, if you can.

as far as the boss's daughter situation, maybe you should speak to the boss about her inability to work welll with you. does she do it to the other employees when they are there?
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER

yes she does but my boss basically dosent want to here it because her brother would take it out on her i really beleive she can see whats going on but basically dont want to do anything i may look into some freelance work
    i have done some but with the economy its spotty at best not stable it all .
    It is something to think about +rep goat it helps just to talk to someone about it .

I came, I saw, I conquered killergamer's Avatar

My brother in law lost his job a couple weeks ago after being re hired for a month. He is a 9th level apprentice glazer so well on vacation he was able to hang out with me. Two days ago my sister was laid off after surviving a mass lay off months ago. She was the only one in the department after the mass lay off so now neither my sister or her husband have a job. Stupid lay offs...
    [Kayin] 7:38 pm: Actually, during a hostile takeover, Satan's left nut and all his crabs beat Satan at the board meeting (he didn't know that his crabs held stock)
    and so we're owned by a conglomerate of pubic lice and the left testicle of the Prince of the Powers of the Air.

i agree and feel your pain that daughter that was hired like a year ago has got 40 hrs every week

liquid,

In the UK if someone is made redundant another person can not legally be hired to fill that role. Redundancy means the job does not exist and hiring someone else into that role means that the person was fired and redundancy used as an excuse.

You have your job back so there is nothing you can do about that - even if the laws in the US are different - asnd especially as you rely on what crumbs you get now.

Your former co-workers who were made redundant, had that happened in the UK, would have a rightful case for "wrongful dismissal" and the fact a family member has been hired would count heavily against the company. If any of them feel aggrieved by this situation they might be in a position to take some action of their own against the company.

The situation you are in is certainly painful. On the one hand you are being shat on and on the other hand they can do so from a greater height and force, for example by making you redundant again, if you make any noise about it.

Unfortunately this means - at least in terms of this job - you need to put up and shut up. However, when it comes to the bosses daughter undermining you at work in front of the bosses don't put up with it. In those situations bide your time, choose your moment, then state calmly but firmly and surely - and with no malice - the truth of the situation. Never lose your calm - let others do that and dig their own holes. You don't want to lose your job yet unless you hold your own to some extent this person seems set on destroying your self-esteem.

In the mean time if you do not want to look for another job and get it then lose it in two months I suggest you take a two steps.

Firstly there is a very good book called "What Color is Your Parachute". This book will help you look at the kinds of work you like from a NEW PERSPECTIVE and help you discover what kinds of work you really want and what you will find true happiness and satisfaction. Following the exercises in the book will lead to new insights as to what possibilities your world offers. I can not recommend it enough .. and the title says it all .. the parachute bit refers to exactly the kind of situation you are in and how you make sure for yourself you get a soft landing.

Having worked through that book you will start to look for fulfilling employment with employers who can offer the stability you need. Do your research well on possible employers - know as much about them as they will surely want to know about you. Start researching the possibilities now.

The other issue I strongly suggest you work on is your self-esteem. It strikes me reading your post that this is an issue for you and probably long has been. There are many routes to this but by far and away the most powerful and direct is to learn to meditate. This will give you "insight" and self-knowledge, teach you about yourself and help you see you (and therefore the world) more realistically.

The book "Mindfulness in Plain English" is available as on online book a pdf and a real book. I'd spend a few ?(8$ or so) to get a real book. It will teach you all you need with no "religion" and then you can do it and see if it works (it does lol). Henepola Guranatana is the author.

You do not:

- need to join a cult, meditation group or church
    - find a guru
    - believe anything
    - follow anyone
    - Make funny noises

Just get the book read it and give it a sincere try. If you develop insight change happens spontaneously, naturally and healthily at a pace with no fear.

The Parachute book is in most public libraries.

Best wishes,

Matthew

Good info CB, The first book you mentioned is a good read for anyone interested in dynamics in the workplace and how to catalog your strong points and sell them.

In the US there are laws protecting workers from being fired or laid off (and blaming it on no work) just so an employer can hire someone else. Especially a relative. This is called nepotism and can get the company in a lot of trouble. It also sounds like the "daughter" is getting preferential treatment. That can also get the company in a lot of trouble. I was in a similar situation about 15 years ago. When I said something to the owner (and father of said daughter), I was fired. I sued, and got back pay and my job back (which I declined for obvious reasons), plus the California Labor Board fined the company and I got most of that as well. 2 of my co-workers also sued and the daughter ended up being laid off. Part of what helped is that we were a union shop. Once the union found out what was going on (long after I was fired), they also brought suit, and this is why the daughter was laid off.

Call the labor board in your state and ask some questions. You don't have to give names until you want to file a complaint, but they will let you know if your case has merit.

Stuff like this pisses me off, since I am in a situation where I have a worker that calls in sick all the time, barely does work when he is here and the work he does do has to be re-done. He also dresses like a gangster, despite being told repeatedly that his attire belongs in East L.A., NOT in a workplace. We have plenty of work and this guy has been given a great chance (never had any computer experience before our company), and is throwing it all away. I hate being played. Since I am not the manager, I can not terminate him, but I would have done so months ago. Just this morning I went into the GM's office and told him it is time for him to go. He is now affecting my production schedule and I will get yelled at for it. We are in the process of interviewing to replace him.

Anyone need a JR to Mid level computer assembly/Support position in the San Jose area?
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

Thanks ,Crazy Buddhist and Airbozo guys you dont know how much this helps.
    Crazy Buddhist i have already followed your advice on most of it about not blowing up .
    I know from past experience not to say anything to make me look bad . I have no ill will personally toward her job wise is diffrent we talked about i pods just today but .
    I did find a mistake she made today i didnt make a big deal i just said basically you made one we needed three or i cant find the other two . Instantley she blamed me i will for sure check those books out as soon as i get a chance if nothing happens i will start looking this weekend .

Im not going to just up and quit because i have a wife to think about but i have just about decieded to look around m wife was off today and called our local Career center.
    The guy there told her that it would be based on our income which is pretty low if i told them what kind of job i was looking for they could help me get traning in that field .
    If i get laid off again i would be basicaly instantley in .
    The deal with her being hired was she was hired about 6 months before the layoffs started and everyone else was laid off she never was they basically told me were not going to lay her off because she cant draw and you can .

We all know thats not the reason but its an excuse and one left because they never got to work i think the other one there just not going to call them back .

Well i am going to check on those books do my thing try to stay under the radar . I do beleive i deserve better after 15 yrs of service .
    Just today i was looking at places that are hiring the local staples needs a pc tech .
    It says you just need to help customers with computers do memory ,hard drives ,os installs .
    I know i can do all that stuff i dont know if staples is going to stay i havent heard any money troubles or anything i know it probablly pay what i make now to start i dont know about beneifts anybody ever worked there that would be a dream job .
    My wife said she wouldnt care if i lost a dollar an hour if it made me happy go for it .
    I feel better about it right now i dont know about the staples deal but in general of course i have to work with her by myself tommorrow so im just going to try and take it one hour at a time .

Airbozo
    I know where your coming from there other daughter worked there a couple years ago that was she would be on the phone 3 or 4 hrs a day when she got tired she would just go sit down lol that was funny stuff .

Yeah she gets me jumped sometimes too telling me apples when they want oranges .

Anyone need a JR to Mid level computer assembly/Support position in the San Jose area? man i would love that but lol it would be an 2,330 mile one day 11 hour commute lol couldnt resist good luck on the search

Quote Originally Posted by Airbozo View Post
    Good info CB, The first book you mentioned is a good read for anyone interested in dynamics in the workplace and how to catalog your strong points and sell them.

Anyone need a JR to Mid level computer assembly/Support position in the San Jose area?
    It's a great book.

What are the chances of swinging a green card with the job? lol

Hello guys would you all mind watching this video from one of the guys my wife works with thats the diffrence in a good employer they were nice enough to let him do it a work its pretty good you can tell were from alabama lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEqF8W-bhRs