Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Project: Leviathan

Default Project: Leviathan

It was almost a year ago when I started my first mod, Infernis. Since then, I've addded a second computer, I'm about to add a new laptop to the mix as well. Unfortunately my desk isn't holding up so well to the strain. So, I decided to remodel it all.

Here's a look at the desktop:

Task List: (No particular order)
    • Replace glass and particle board pieces on desk.
    • Mod 2 Lian-Li cases in almost identical fashion.
    • Install Upgraded Parts into new cases.
    • Rewiring job for the tangled mess attached to my desk.
    • Install new stands, monitor tree and laptop arm.

This week, I'm off to the hardware store and the shop to get some replacement parts going for the desk. I'm also going to sand it and give it a new coat of paint instead of this odd gray that it's painted now.

The Cases that are about to be modded.

http://www.newegg.com/product/produc...82E16811112099
    The Ghostwheel Project
    "A lot of theoretical crap involving space and time and some notions of some guys named Everett and Wheeler."

:: Spectre : GHOST 38.1 Mk1 : GHOST 38.1 Mk 2 : GHOST 38.2 ::

Default Re: Project: Leviathan

3 keyboards probably 3 mice, why not get a kvm switch thingy, that would help with the desktop mess.

Parts List: (No particular order)
    Computer (This is what's going in each computer)
    LIAN LI PC-7B plus II Black Aluminum ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail
    ASUS M2N32-SLI Deluxe Wireless Edition Socket AM2 NVIDIA nForce 590 SLI MCP ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail
    EVGA 640-P2-N821-AR GeForce 8800GTS 640MB 320-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+ Windsor 2.6GHz Socket AM2 Processor Model ADA5200CSBOX - Retail
    CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model TWIN2X2048-6400C4 - Retail

Desk, etc.
    Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard - Retail
    IOGEAR GCS634U 4-Port USB KVM Switch with Built-in KVM Cables and Audio Support - Retail
    ERGOTRON 33-095-200 DS100 Triple-Monitor Desk Stand, Horizontal - Retail

This list will be edited as necessary, and updated when needed.
    The Ghostwheel Project
    "A lot of theoretical crap involving space and time and some notions of some guys named Everett and Wheeler."

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    3 keyboards probably 3 mice, why not get a kvm switch thingy, that would help with the desktop mess.
    Actually, just 2 keyboards and mice with a Fang keypad. But, yes I just picked up a KVM last night actually. That's an integral part in the clean up process.

Here's the arm for the laptop:

http://www.mountsandmore.com/asp/sho...EG1163_1210748

That's where my new Dell XPS is going to sit.
    The Ghostwheel Project

I made a trip to Home Depot yesterday to get some supplies, I lucked out. They had some pre cut lumber I'm going to be using for the table tops. 24' x 48' and made with cabinet quality wood, inch thick. I also got some good plexi glass. I'm going to the shop today to get the wood ready shortly. I've got to wait till my monitor tree and laptop armature gets here though so I can get the mountings ready. So, basically I'm waiting on UPS at the moment. More as it develops.
    The Ghostwheel Project

What XPS are you getting? I've the 1210, and I'm super happy with it. The small screen is suprisingly easy to get used to, as it's fairly high resolution. The weight and size make it ultra portable too.

The new 13" one with the LCD screen looks ultra nice.. almost wish I had waited a few more weeks to buy mine.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

I'm getting the M1710 actually
    http://www.dell.com/content/products...=19&l=en&s=dhs

I'm still deciding on the configuration I want, as for the rest I'm working out some designs for the desks. The top of each one is going to have a personalized image for each desk. (I'm also doing a desk for my wife's computer, an upcoming Pirates of the Carribean mod). I'm looking at a couple of ideas, possibly doing a large rasterized image glued to the wood, under the plexi. I'm doing some small scale expiraments with a couple of ideas I have before stepping up to the full scale desk top. Expect some pictures soon as I should be having some money coming to my paypal account from recently sold WoW accounts
    The Ghostwheel Project

Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    I'm getting the M1710 actually
    http://www.dell.com/content/products...=19&l=en&s=dhs

I'm still deciding on the configuration I want,
    Thats easy max it all out ^.^

Ok, let me rephrase that. The configuration I want/can afford I did look at maxed though, and it was over 5K and ridiculous lol.
    The Ghostwheel Project

Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    Actually, just 2 keyboards and mice with a Fang keypad. But, yes I just picked up a KVM last night actually. That's an integral part in the clean up process.
    KVMs are great for 3 computers and 1 Keyboard, Monitor, and Mouse. If you use all 3 monitors there might be a better situation for everyday use, its called Synergy. Its an Open Source Cross Platform Client/Server that allows you to use 1 Keyboard and mouse for 3 computers. It supports Linux, Windows and even OSX.

You can check it out here..

http://synergy2.sourceforge.net/

Hope this helps, and good luck. Looking forward to your progress.