Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 121718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Stock Market collapse: Prepare For The Bear

Default Re: Stock Market collapse: Prepare For The Bear

Quote Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
    To think, I didn't believe you when you first posted.
    You were mistaken. It happens. We're all human.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Buddhist View Post
    apocalypse is ancient Greek it means literally "to remove the cover" or in the biblical sense "revelation of truth".

I think we are already in the apocalypse: we are seeing the transparency of the lies of government and business every day on the television: The truth is being revealed.
    You must not listen/read/watch to the garbage they sell to us as "news" in the United States. Most of it is still propaganda for Obama and the Federal government. The actions of the government are still as transparent as mud despite false promises to reverse that.
    Quote Originally Posted by xRyokenx View Post
    ...I'm getting tired of not being able to figure this crap out because it's apparently made for computer-illiterate people by computer-illiterate people. lol

I'm sort of just jumping in randomly to nothing here, but it's also been a while and it's hard to catch up with this whole conversation. I just realized though, that this thread was made all the way back in 2007. I remember reading it when it was first posted, and just shrugging it off, and not really wanting to get into it. I mostly didn't think anything too bad would happen either. And it's just crazy to be here in 2009 now, and have seen all the stuff that's happened with the economy so far, and seeing all the stuff that was discussed before it even happened.

Just seems a little hard to just into this conversation without following it for a bit, unless someone wants to catch me up on what exactly is being discussed at the moment : P

Also, Matt, we should Skype again sometime

Is awesome

Although it does feel good that we haven't degraded into a tribal society. Yet. But hey, soon will be the time to invest as the economy bottoms out. IF you have any money left.
    You love my sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Quakken View Post
    Although it does feel good that we haven't degraded into a tribal society. Yet. But hey, soon will be the time to invest as the economy bottoms out. IF you have any money left.
    "Soon" is likely to be 1 - 2 years from now when the DJI is about 2 - 3,000 points. Or maybe 4 -5 years. Or ten if it's really rough.

Your earlier question: better buying silver dollar coins or gold if you have $575 bucks ....

If the dollar collapses gold and silver will go through the roof ...

This is what gold can do for you in a collapsing economy (Zimbabwe, in this case): buy you something - which the money will not:

Basically all bets are off on the markets now. There has been so much bailout money thrown at the situation no one has a clue what the outcome will be but the most likely outcome for America is stagflation - negative economic growth with massively increasing inflation.

Bush then Obama have made all the same mistakes that lead to the great depression. Now it is a game of global geopolitics that will dictate the future. This is being negotiated by rich bankers behind closed doors. Our elected politicians have little say.

Dave: To answer your question on the pound, I see it strengthening against the Euro and dollar at some point but not yet and possibly dropping further first.

Your future? If I were you I would get a TEFL qualification and go and spend two years in Japan teaching English until your Japanese is good enough to work there. If you can improve your Russian as well you will be set for a great career with many choices.

The medium term and long term future will be better to Asia than Europe and America. Russia will fare reasonably well as Putin kicked the Rothschild and Rockerfeller backed Oligarch's out - and that is why he is demonized.

Matthew

Quote Originally Posted by mtekk View Post
    You must not listen/read/watch to the garbage they sell to us as "news" in the United States. Most of it is still propaganda for Obama and the Federal government. The actions of the government are still as transparent as mud despite false promises to reverse that.
    Freedom Watch with Judge Andrew Napolitano will give you something real. There is loads on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...&oq=freedom+wa

(Yes .. Fox News being more truthful than anyone .... weird times we live in)

Here's a good one:

Dave: To answer your question on the pound, I see it strengthening against the Euro and dollar at some point but not yet and possibly dropping further first.

Your future? If I were you I would get a TEFL qualification and go and spend two years in Japan teaching English until your Japanese is good enough to work there. If you can improve your Russian as well you will be set for a great career with many choices.

The medium term and long term future will be better to Asia than Europe and America. Russia will fare reasonably well as Putin kicked the Rothschild and Rockerfeller backed Oligarch's out - and that is why he is demonized.
    To be honest, I'd be happy teaching English for the rest of my days. Money doesn't give you happiness, but it can give you the means and the opportunity to find it. I'm just going to go with the flow and make the most out of whatever comes my way. It's important to keep faith in people too; helping each other out is the only way anything will improve, ever. It's greed that gets us into these messes. At the same time, investment = growing economy = more jobs, so it seems it's greed that gets us out of these messes too.

Not an anti-capitalist by the way, just making a point.

Thanks CB, your input is appreciated.

-Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

Quote Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
    To be honest, I'd be happy teaching English for the rest of my days.
    A mate of mine contacted me recently through Friends Reunited. We hadn't spoken in 20 years since University.

When he left Uni he didn't know what to do so he applied for two jobs teaching English as a foreign language, one in Japan and one in Manilla.

He never heard from the people in Manilla but was offered the other job and took it. He spent the last twenty years in Japan teaching English and playing Golf.

Matthew

The Dollar, the Government and jobs: how the bailout endangers the economy.

He spent the last twenty years in Japan teaching English and playing Golf.
    He must be minted-Golf is the luxury in Japan. It's certainly an interesting prospect.

-Dave
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!