Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14192021222324

Thread: Stock Market collapse: Prepare For The Bear

Default Re: Stock Market collapse: Prepare For The Bear

Quote Originally Posted by billygoat333 View Post
    Ugh. I really really wish that our government would just let the market run its course. Its my belief that GM and all the other companies that got "bailout" money should either learn to cope with downsizing half their companies or like CB said, die. If you can't manage your company well enough to survive, you shouldn't exist.
    Exactly. And the biggest issue is this:

They have now put every American adult and child into debt. Every business will face higher taxes.

In a nutshell they are stealing assets from well run businesses and giving them to badly run business which makes NO ECONOMIC SENSE AT ALL.

They are doing exactly the same things now that were done after the crash of 1929. Instead of letting markets run the course, big federal spending and bailouts .... and what did that lead to? Yes - the "Great Depression".

Oh - and a little known piece of history. There was plenty of food in America but because they did not want the prices to fall crops were ploughed back into the ground while good citizens starved.

Then and now this is all about - and only about - maintaining existing power structures and wealth disparities. Keep the rich rich and the poor poor.

When they try and save a situation by doing more of the same you know it won't work. I know it won't work. It's so basic. But then you have to realise. It will work ... because the end they say they have in sight is not the real Agenda.

The wool is being pulled over the eyes of the sheeple that let that happen to them.

or, at least fire EVERYONE and start over fresh.
    You watched fight club?

Matthew

yes I have. Would be really really nice if there was a big giant reset button (or in Fight Club's case, a ton of explosives made from soap ) on debt and the economy.

If only it were that simple. I am hoping and praying for a zombie apocalypse. Or at least a bigtime culling of the human herd. we have outstretched this planet too far. Just think what will happen when our earth has 9 billion people on is as projected in the not so distant future?

If you haven't read it, Read this book. Has some very interesting points on humanity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER

If only it were that simple. I am hoping and praying for a zombie apocalypse. Or at least a bigtime culling of the human herd.
    So are the rich. Then they won't have to worry so much about being outnumbered by the poor.

good point. Maybe we should be causing the uprising of the poor then. haha. I dunno. I have a very cynical point of view when it comes to humanity I have decided. Working in customer service has shown me that my lack of faith in humanity is well founded. There are so many self-serving lying cheating idiotic people in this world that we could probably downsize by about 1 or 2 billion and be much better off.

But of course this goes against humanity's societal boundaries, our sense of compassion towards our fellow humans that others prey upon and profit on.
    ber is id elicous

We are not born that way billy - we learn to be that way. Basically humans are all good. Evil is forced on people by horrific childhoods.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Buddhist View Post
    We are not born that way billy - we learn to be that way. Basically humans are all good. Evil is forced on people by horrific childhoods.

ahh the old nature vs. nurture debate. I could go on about this for hours... but in lieu of hijacking or diverting this thread, I will just say this:

what is good? Something that is good to me might not be good to someone else. I would argue that people are born a neutral, grey color. Neither good nor bad, black or white. The good or bad comes from culture.

So I guess you can say I agree with both sides of the picture. lol I am a fence sitter! I believe that nature (a la natural instinct) has a role in our predilection to violence, and nurture (a la a bad childhood) has a lot of effect on our social capabilities to do right or wrong as dictated to us by society.

anyways, back on topic:
    When do I need to move up into the mountains with my gallons of gasoline, a generator, gold, and my 12 gauge? lol
    Last edited by billygoat333; 05-06-2009 at 07:07 AM. Reason: More thoughts
    ber is id elicous

ahh the old nature vs. nurture debate. I could go on about this for hours... but in lieu of hijacking or diverting this thread, I will just say this:

what is good? Something that is good to me might not be good to someone else. I would argue that people are born a neutral, grey color. Neither good nor bad, black or white. The good or bad comes from culture.

So I guess you can say I agree with both sides of the picture. lol I am a fence sitter! I believe that nature (a la natural instinct) has a role in our predilection to violence, and nurture (a la a bad childhood) has a lot of effect on our social capabilities to do right or wrong as dictated to us by society.
    I'd agree - no argument. A baby and growing child will take what it is given.

anyways, back on topic:
    When do I need to move up into the mountains with my gallons of gasoline, a generator, gold, and my 12 gauge? lol
    You know .. I think the mountains we need to climb now are mountains of a different kind: Philosophical, political and practical. We need to overcome our distrust of other people and start building local communities to be strong. We need to start lessening our greed and making sure those around us are OK. We need to build a world where power and violence is not the key determining factor in man's future.

We need to build a world where a small minority do not hold all the cards.

These are hard mountains to climb yet if we fail to do so we will pay a high cost.

CB

Video made in 1973 ... yes NINETEEN SEVENTY THREE - THIRTY SIX YEARS AGO.

EDIT: this date is wrong, not sure what the date is but it's in the 1990's. EDIT II YUP, 1993 .... still even SIXTEEN YEARS is long term foresight in this area ....

I am not a believer in God but aside from those bits there is a great deal of economic sense AND long term foresight in these vids. A 4 part series:

The last words of this one are quite profound:

Why? who? Where? when?

Buy Physical Gold and get it outside the US the dollar will be worthless says Marc Faber also known as Dr Doom:
    Source : MarcFaberchannel.blogs...
    Speaking at the CLSA Asia Pacific Markets investor conference in Hong Kong. Mr. Faber told the audience to put money in Asian equities and commodities. He said gold is important, but buy real gold, not derivatives, and keep the gold outside the U.S. The U.S. confiscated gold during the Great Depression, he noted.
    He, like Warren Buffett, Nouriel Roubini and others, thinks the dollar is destined to erode, though Mr. Faber said it could rebound over the next few months as signs of deflation stick around. “The dollar in the long run is a doomed currency,” he said. “This is the short of the century…The government’s policy is to make it worthless.
    CB