Thread: Best custom pc maker

Default Best custom pc maker

Hey guys,

Im in the market for a new PC. I dotn want to go with dell or any big name company, just a small company that specializes in gaming PC's. My current PC is a Xtreme Gear...www.buyxg.com they are sister companys with cyber power. im fairly pleased with buy xg for the 3 pc's ive bought from them. how ever im wondering what are other good companys like buyxg. im looking to spend 1500ish. also, should i go with PCI express? im not 100% positive as it is fairly new in the scheme of things. thanks alot.

harrison

The SlackMeister

Default Re: Best custom pc maker

why dont you build your own? if you know your hardware, but just dont have time, monarchcomputers charge only about $50 to build a PC and you can chose EVERYTHING. every little detail you want, you can chose it.

Well coming from a Cyberpower customer here, I would recommend either building your own, or buying a laptop. Nice laptops have been coming down in price, a vary nice laptop can cost about $1500. And if you build your own desktop you can get a really good PC for not much more than $700, even less depending on what you are looking for.

Also if you want to go with PCI-E then atleast get an X700 Pro or maybe an X800XL. (hey I'm an ATI junkie :p). But I say go with PCI-E, most new video cards are exclusively PCI-E 16X, hop on the bandwagon now before its going 150 mph and you have too run.

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

Go to Bill at MCPCTech.com

Overclocked

lol aero its all about nvidia sorry

I agree that monarch is a good decision though I stumbled upon them a while back and thought it was a good deal. But i dont think im ever buying a ready made pc now that I know how easy it is to build. I feel that 50$ for an hours worth of work is a lil outrageous but alot better then dell gateway etc. I am also aware that sometimes there is troubleshooting when it comes to building your own. Since im runnin SLI i have had a few issues that im not content with (not all have been sli problems tho)

Overclocked

Q: Best custom computer maker?

A:ME! :p

Seriously though, the best PC maker will always be yourself. All you need to do is do alot of research and comparison, and you'll end up with a superior and relativley futureproof machine.
    - AMD Athlon64 3200+@2.2Ghz | Gigabyte K8NSC-939 nForce3 250Gb | ASUS 6600GT 256MB |1GB Kingston ValueRAM

Overclocked

very true mister.

I was too intimidated to build my own computer until my girlfriends dad taught me now that I know how i'll never go back since its so easy, and i feel auxilirated<sp when I turn that thing on feels like i really accomplished something even though i kno its very simple.

I was to intimidated untill I ripped apart like 3 old Pentium 3's, then I was like, wait...this is easy.

ATX Mental Case

if I was forced to pick a brand, I'd obviously have to say Voodoo or Falcon-nw. Big fan of the original mach v's built on the coolermaster atc 110.

Overclocked

You gotta be rich to get them voodoo pc's you can build similar pcs for between 1-2grand some of them even less. I think voodos are awsome but as with alienware very very expensive. 3 grand doesnt seem worth something that will become inferior in a year or so.