Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: HTPC First mod of hundreds :)

ATX Mental Case

Default Re: HTPC First mod of hundreds :)

That's very nice, but isn't it time for your 4 o'clock accident?

Ouch!

lol! had a good day today maybe tomorrow

****UPDATE****

ok this morning i was bored so i re designed the full front of my pc, i know i know its a bit late but i cant help my self and the other one just seem a bit blanned.
    now i understand how case designers find it hard to come up with unique and likable designs.

heres a quick sneak peak of the sort of look im going for now, theres still a load of detail that will make this look alot more attractive.

i started making the side trims for the face from the scrap i had from the window cut out, i told you it would come in handy lol!
    i really am sick of filing must be some machine out there that can do it for you

heres the left and right done and paired, only niggle is i have the brush on them going a differant direction to the front panel, shouldnt be a problem but its still annoying.

hmm nice fit, the lip will be hidden behind the front panel but this just gives you an idea of there use.

then i start cutting in the detail so they fit snuggly around the other pieces

well thats it for now, enjoy lads and speak soon.

Pretty good mod so far man. Liking the aluminum work. You need to be more careful tho, you seem to be accident prone like me lol +rep

This is shaping up really nicely. I' m not sure I see what the issues is with how the case was sitting. I only noticed it sitting vertical and it looked good like that to me. But I guess it's too late for that! haha, anyways keep up the great work!
    Peace, love and Anarchy!

ok update

sorry for the gap but have had a busy few days, the plasterers have been in to take care of my bedroom ceiling before i was sleeping with it in my bed
    heres some pics of the job they done.

not bad just need to wait for it to dry and then im sorted, so that means work can start back on the mod just what i like to hear.

I wanted to get into constructing the face plate and making sure all my mesuremants were correct and see how this thing was gonna take shape
    this is what i got

oooooo looks perdy looks real tasty doesnt she

As you can see i couldn't find a way to mount all the pieces without hiding the rivets so i went rite to the other end of the scale and put them rite in plane sight, i think its looking good allot better than i thought they would look.

and hear i fitted the top piece that will join to the top struts

starting to realy take shape im getting excited now
    ok then the camera crapped out on me!!! fast forword to this stage.

got the sides put up and the mesh in by now and this is how its looking with some hardware installed

ok this is it far from finished i still need to make 2 small panels for the top front side mesh pieces, fit plexi to the side panel window, fit a momentery switch and make a hard drive mount but i could do without the pc so it is in use at the moment, that and another good coat of clear coat when its all together to give it a nice glass like surface.

There will be more detailed pictures up close and a couple outdoors to give it a real shine effect that you get in person, theres still alot of work to be done so plenty more updates.
    i have a sata dvdrw to get rid of that horrible ide cable but the dvdrw is going to be outside the case, im making a matching custom aluminum external dvdrw case.

im gonna have to get some fan filters for when they are fitted cause this case is gonna be a dust magnet
    hope yas all like the progress so far

How much faster can you render the bsod? Ap1thy's Avatar

sweet.. wish i had the patience, skillz and tools to design a case from scratch like that