Thread: "Rubber Skin"

Default "Rubber Skin"

There's a product used on cars, when repainting and when dealing with rust. I do not know what the product's actual name is, but it is often referred to as "rubber skin". Basically it's a spray can, which "paints" a rubber compound, used as a primer for paint, to avoid rust.

I was considering buying a can, and spraying the internals of my case with it, hoping that it would firstly give my internals a nice matte look, while also offering a minimum sound and vibration dampening effect.

Has anyone tried this and have any comments/suggestions/warnings?

Case Wizard

Default Re: "Rubber Skin"

you talking about under coating or what was using here ?? http://www.metku.net/index.html?sect...grip/index_eng

http://www.plastidip.com.au/

This might be the stuff you are thinking of (though I haven't heard of using it as undercoat. It is essentially spray rubber which can deaden all your case rattles.
    Last edited by temmink; 07-24-2005 at 11:02 AM. Reason: i forgot the link *duh*
    Asking if computers can think is like asking if submarines can swim.
    Asking if people think is like asking if a pebble has a preference between Beethoven and Mozart.

temmink.org recondelta.com

Great finds there guys, that looks like the stuff I am talking about.

I guess I'll have to go shopping tomorrow, and just buy a bucket big enough to dunk a cabinet in a few times... if I do it enough, maybe I can make the thing bounce if it falls over

The spray Plastidip is excellent stuff. Watch out for HDD cages, this rubber coating will make everything smaller--you'll be peeling this stuff off if components don't fit--
    In a time of chimpanzees I was a monkey.

I'd try and pick up the spray if you can, its easier to work with for a project like that.
    Asking if computers can think is like asking if submarines can swim.
    Asking if people think is like asking if a pebble has a preference between Beethoven and Mozart.

temmink.org recondelta.com