Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: You'll like this...

Strip it, paint it, and love on it... Commando's Avatar

Default You'll like this...

This story only you guys will get.

So my govt laptop goes missing. Kinda big deal. My dumb@## left my govt ID in it(happens every so often). Our comps, you have to insert your ID to log on.

NMCI confiscated my computer. NMCI(Navy Marine Corps Internet) (big brother that everyone hates, civilian contractors). They came in and ganked my laptop without letting anyone know.

I kinda suspected that's what happend. You can imagine how quickly our computers get absolutley slammed by too many user accounts and an unclean registry. Well of course I go in to clean it out. It doesn't work. Dell laptops have their bios locked. I figure this out and search how to bypass it(bad idea on a govt connnection). I find a key but when I download it via a proxy it gets blocked. Oh well, I wait till tommorow. I f%Ckin forgot the boot disk I was going to use and left it in the drive. That's why my computer got confiscated.

Here's the kicker:

Dude, computer dorks that work for the govt are total boobs. I get to play dumb and watch NMCI get in trouble, because they took my laptop without telling anyone.

You poor guys can't blend in because you work in computers. No one has any idea where I work. I love it, and my govt laptop rocks performance wise because of it.

I just thought ya'll would appreciate this.

ATX Mental Case

Default Re: You'll like this...

ahhhhhhhhh wat

the gov stole ur gov lappy?

gov philosophy: "the people shouldn't be afraid of their government, the government should be afraid of their people"

does anyone know where this is from
    OPP Transformers Case / Dangerously 1337 / Hell's Regect

That is so typical. Here's a similar exprience I had in a commercial environment:

1994 I was working for one of the biggest media organisations in the UK. The subdivision I worked for decided to install a company wide sales management software.

As I had tested and used the software for a year the decision was based on my experience and report on the software. It was ordered, installed and launched.

Someone came round to my office and asked me to sign a piece of paper for them toscan into the system so I could send signed faxes right from my computer. I refused to sign it. Asked why I told them "you haven't implemented the system securely - if I sign that anyone in this company can send a fax to my bank, signed apparantly by me, asking them to transfer my money somewhere else - you have got to be kidding if you think I am signing".

"Our system is secure", I was told by the MD of the company who installed it, "and you have to sign this paper".

"F*ck off out of my office", I told him, "walk upstairs and go and see Richard E. (our CEO). by the time you get there I will prove to you this system is so badly implemented you will have to change the whole thing".

He stormed out and headed upstairs. I sent the CEO a petition by fax, signed by about 140 of the sales staff who's names had been scanned, asking him to look into the security issues I was raising. It took me less than a minute to get to pushing the send fax button.

I strolled upstairs grabbing a coffee on the way to find the MD of the computer company trying to tell our CEO I'd hacked the system. There was an investigation. I told the CEO exactly what had gone on and why the file structures they had used couldn't be secure.

Two weeks later it was officially reported in a company wide memo that a major security hole had been breached and that it had been discovered because of the "innappropriate activities of one employee" but that the "threat had been contained and appropriate action taken".

That appropriate action: The CEO bought me lunch hehe ... but they weren't going to admit publicly what had really happened.

CrazyB

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

ahahaha, that's awesome CB.

I like proving when things aren't secure too, or proving that people aren't anonymous on the internet

I got somebody's name, they were acting all high and mighty saying I would never find them and about 30 minutes later I was talking on the phone with them, a person I had never met or talked to in my life before

Computer and internet security can be really really fun things to mess around with, so long as you don't do anything illegal =/

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

Do you have a second life?

gov philosophy: "the people shouldn't be afraid of their government, the government should be afraid of their people"

does anyone know where this is from
    V For Vendetta Great movie ( sorry for off topic lol )

Sam

great stories!! +rep to both of you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Buddhist View Post
    I'm starting to worry that I may become genuinely funny at some point. Then there will be no hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega View Post
    I got somebody's name, they were acting all high and mighty saying I would never find them and about 30 minutes later I was talking on the phone with them, a person I had never met or talked to in my life before
    I've done that too..

Someone msn'd me, no idea who they were and just making threats and insults, etc.

10 mins later, I phoned him up and told him his street address. Turns out he was a 13 yr old kid. He was terrified.

I said, "Next time you think about doing something like that, remember how fast I found out where you live. The next person might just ring your doorbell and kick your ass instead of phoning you and warning you."

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

I've doen that before, someone MSN'ed me, and started making threats, within about 20 min, i sent him an e-mail with:
    He full name, Address, Phone number, Mobile number, where he banked, all his other e-maill address, Where he worked, He mum & dads name, and to top it off, the name of his dog.

It ended with next time, think before you act, maybe the next person won't be as lazy as me. I jut sent an e-mail, who knows what someone could do if they had the engery and could be bothered.

XcOM

Mary had a little lamb. It bumped into a pylon. Ten thousand volts went up its arse and turned its wool to nylon!

Is awesome

Some kid was insulting me online, i got his name and called him up
    Wow, how did you do that?
    google search? some other thing?

whatever it is, It would be hilarious to do that to somebody, only walk up to their house and crack them upside the head with a baseball bat.

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

Heh... I'm curious how that works too...

But yeah, good stories, lol. Many kudos to you CB for that excellent "comeback."