Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I Need to Talk About Something....

Blast from the Past

Default Re: I Need to Talk About Something....

Unless it's a chemical imbalance, DON'T TAKE DRUGS.
    You don't need them unless these feelings are truly caused by a chemical imbalance in your nerve cells....man, I hope I'm not wrong, but has anyone else noticed that we have a drug for darn every problem?

Anywho, here's my advice, and it's on the other side of the spectrum from everyone else--pick up a bible. I have weird feelings too, mainly depression from loneliness. I find that it helps a lot when I read God's Word. But, that's me--I know that does not work for everyone. I remember you had said you didn't believe in an afterlife and things of that sort, but if you ever change your mind, and have a few questions about it, drop me a PM.

Otherwise, therapy I guess is good, if you have a few hours and a few hundred dollars in your wallet; otherwise, just have a long one-on-one chat with a close friend. Who knows--you might find the solution you're looking for.

Hope everything goes well--sounds like you are having a rough time and I don't envy you of that...God's blessings in the future.

I knew the game was up when he played the Jack of Spades...

pick up a bible.
    Ummm, you do realize that he is in a way religious, member of the Church of Satan holmes.
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Blast from the Past

Ah...I see...fair enough...consider foot in mouth.
    Well, search your religion then, see what you find.
    Man, I guess I need to get to know everyone better before shelling out advise...or stop skimming.

Sorry.

I knew the game was up when he played the Jack of Spades...

I'm sure there is no offense taken, your heart was in the right place.
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn View Post
    Ummm, you do realize that he is in a way religious, member of the Church of Satan holmes.
    All the more reason to pick up the Bible.

I'm also a Satanist of a sort.

Blegh, I won't turn this into a religious debate.

Ok, the biggest problem with therapy is trusting who you're talking to. Before you can expose yourself you must trust that person. That's a hard nut to crack. That's why you should start with family and friends and see what they have to say because they probably either haven't said anything. People who are close to you know when something is wrong more often than we like to think. Call it intuition.

Quote Originally Posted by nil8 View Post
    Ok, the biggest problem with therapy is trusting who you're talking to. Before you can expose yourself you must trust that person. That's a hard nut to crack. That's why you should start with family and friends and see what they have to say because they probably either haven't said anything. People who are close to you know when something is wrong more often than we like to think. Call it intuition.
    Spot on and exactly why I said "I agree that TheGreat needs to make changes in his life and the first one could be finding the right person to talk to. In my experience that is not likely to be a doctor, Psych or therapist in the first instance." earlier on.

CrazyB

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nil8 View Post
    That's why you should start with family and friends and see what they have to say because they probably either haven't said anything.
    Opening a thread is one thing, but I will not press my problems on family or others. Also, I don't consider Ephedrine a drug, it's more of a Mountain Dew Pill.
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

Mountain Dew Pill
    Lol! Just be sure you don't have high blood pressure first dude.

....must....resist....religious...flame...war...

OK, brain, that hurt... What I really mean to say is, it's all the same religion, different spelling. But it can help no matter what deity (or none) you turn to for answers. It may help to talk with someone that is a member of the religious organization you prefer.

Talking is the real key. Once it is all laid out, you can step back and look at it from a different angle. And yes I agree that it is hardest to talk with family until you get a better handle on what is really causing the feelings. Family has a way of turning things around on you (good or bad). You need an impartial person to hear you and take note of specific clues to common feelings and angst. Good luck!
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

Life is like an analogy...

yep, talking can be therapeutic. its awesome to talk, if for no other reason than to vent frustration. a lot of my friends (particularly if they happen to be a girl) talk to me because i listen, and they can basically rant for a good half hour about whats pissing them off in life. most of the time all it takes is for them to say that stuff, but occasionally i can help with a solution, and thats even better.

Quote Originally Posted by Slug Toy
    im pretty sure i was your car, but i was into mah music and didnt think too much of it