Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: The Hidden Meaning

Life is like an analogy...

Default Re: The Hidden Meaning

Roseta Stoned is my favorite song on that album... Vicarious and Jambi aren't far behind. I looked up the lyrics for Roseta Stoned, and I have to say, that is one funny song, I'm not sure if I quite understand the meaning behind it, but I do know what he's saying now, heh heh.
    how about right in two? thats probably my very favorite. says a lot about human nature.

Hmmm... I wonder if this has any connection to A Perfect Circle...

I've noticed they have a similar hidden meaning/pattern, especially in Thirteenth Step.
    how can it not? good old maynard, whether hes just in charge of the lyrics or more, seems to be able to pull everything together and make some sort of masterpiece.

kind of funny, i was just talking about the thirteenth step in another thread. thats my absolute favorite album, although my favorite song is the hollow on mer de noms... that song... wow... the guitars are just like some sort of cascading dreamscape. i cant even put it into words how much i just want to wrap myself up in that song. the tone is just awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Slug Toy
    im pretty sure i was your car, but i was into mah music and didnt think too much of it

The APC albums are beautifully done, I am also blown away by the riffs in The Hollow. The only thing lacking in APC is Danney Carey's wicked drum beats.
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

this is true, but im willing to let it slide. it would make it at least 50% better though. thats mainly why i like right in two so much.

im pretty sure i was your car, but i was into mah music and didnt think too much of it

From what I have gathered, the fibonacci sequence is used to mark the syllables of MJK's vocals in the song Lateralus...It makes a cresendo-decresendo pattern that relates to double spirals originating from the same point but moving in opposite directions (look at the patterns made by electrons beamed through metal). This pattern can be found on the inside of the album cover and throughout the video for Lateralus.

black (1)
    and(1)
    white are (2)
    all i see (3)
    in my infancy(5)
    red and yellow then came to be (8
    reaching out to me (5)
    let's me see (3)
    there is (2)
    so(1)
    much (1)
    more that (2)
    beckons me (3)
    to look through to these (5)
    infinite possibilities (8
    as below so above and beyond I imagine (13)
    drawn outside the lines of reason (8
    push the envelope (5)
    watch it bend (3)

Danny Carey's drum beat in the song also follows the fibonacci sequence, but in a repeating pattern from 1 to 13 and starts over.
    Last edited by jdbnsn; 08-07-2007 at 12:25 AM.
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

ok... now ill admit that id probably try to find patterns like that too... but you're starting to freak me out even more than i freak myself out, and thats hard to do.

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

Listening to Right in Two right now, lol... it does though. Their music is excellent, now I think I'm gonna look into getting lyrics one day and seeing what I can interpret from them when I get bored or feel like doing it...

there you go, you just got bitten by the bug. now theres no turning back.

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slug Toy View Post
    there you go, you just got bitten by the bug. now theres no turning back.
    Well, that was prolly after I saw them in concert (which was excellent btw), but yep, you've hit the nail on its head.

ok... now ill admit that id probably try to find patterns like that too... but you're starting to freak me out even more than i freak myself out, and thats hard to do.
    If you think that's creepy, you should see what develops from the rearrangement of the songs in a certain order discussed earlier, compound meaning beyond what I can imagine.

More fun facts, the drum beats in Jambi (I think) are morse code for 3..2..1.. just before they break into chorus. In one song (I can't remember which, maybe Lipan Conjuring) there is a message hidden that can be heard while playing the LP backwards, the message is something like "don't do drugs and stay in school"
    Last edited by jdbnsn; 08-06-2007 at 10:15 PM.