Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Modders Challenge Ideas

Default Re: Modders Challenge Ideas

How about you guys think of a name for a mod(Thats you TBCS not the modders). The modders then have to design a PC around that name, if it doesn't fit the theme then obviosly they would have less chance even if it looked great.

Just to go along with the WC prizes as said before you could have a challenge for the best WC case, or something with watercooling included. I think that could have some sweet outcome. A CPU block,, Radiator, Reservior, Tubing or a Pump would be nice as a prize because they would be able to be used in 'most' PCs, a GOU block wouldn't work so well as there are too many types of card blocks. But a CPU block that fits AMD and Intel boards would be good, like a DangerDen or Swiftech block etc.

Maybe a 'clean' mod something where there is no messy wiring, no ugly colours, something that mixes well together. A few colours that make it look great and not over done.

A prize could be a top of the line CPU cooler and some fans. Then the modders have to build a case with the best air cooling properties, making sure airflow would be well controlled allowing components to have cooler air instead of warm air lingering inside the case.

A game maybe could be the prize, the modders then have to create a design around that game. So a racing game could have a case modded to resemble a car, or have something that makes it link in with the game. etc.

I can probably think of many more but i can't be bothered at this current time

Another idea, don't know what the prize could be but you could say that a PC has to be modded into an everyday item, chair, tv, microwave, car, hot air balloon, swimming pool lol.

You know what could be fun? The hazard mod. You've to make a computer as dangerous as possible without actually making anything outright dangerous. So no finger guards on the fans, the reservoir above the CPU, exposed wiring, etc.

you gain points for well thought out hazards, and lose points for stupidly obvious attempts to kill the user, such as spinning razor blades on the fans...

Let me know what you think of this, it could be a good laugh.

-Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

Remember Remember, The 5th Of November.

Its interesting but you have to keep in mind I dont think many people will actually build it, designing it would be better.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
    you gain points for well thought out hazards, and lose points for stupidly obvious attempts to kill the user, such as spinning razor blades on the fans...

my entry ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Buddhist View Post
    I'm starting to worry that I may become genuinely funny at some point. Then there will be no hope.

...that's the point of the modder's Challenge. You design it. You don't build it. Look in my sig.

-Dave

Quote Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
    You know what could be fun? The hazard mod. You've to make a computer as dangerous as possible without actually making anything outright dangerous. So no finger guards on the fans, the reservoir above the CPU, exposed wiring, etc.

Let me know what you think of this, it could be a good laugh.

-Dave
    That would be a good laugh you're right, i can see some damn funny things coming out of that. But it would require some serious thinking and that makes my brain hurt.

C'mon, you guys hurt yourself all the time without even trying. Just think of what you could achieve when you put your mind to it!

Think of the possibilities!

-Dave

Austral Alien

Ooooooohhh! I Like this idea Dave!

Mindless destruction is so pointless, but pointed destruction is very mindful!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Sky View Post
    hahaha..."Wacky"
    -Wackello Capello

Quote Originally Posted by Bucko View Post
    Mindless destruction is so pointless, but pointed destruction is very mindful!
    Comments like that also make my brain hurt. lol.

A case that could blow up at any minute could be fun.