Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A quick "Control Panel" mod i did

Default Re: A quick "Control Panel" mod i did

You deserve it, you have been doing some great work and this was a very original idea. Kudos!
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Very nice work! I think the only thing that could make it better is if you would have put the DVD drive in the panel. That would be sweet.

that could make it better is if you would have put the DVD drive in the panel. That would be sweet.
    You know, that's an pretty damn good idea, would'nt work for this exact design of course but would be handy to have the drive right next to you.

+rep for ingenuity
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

ATX Mental Case

Very Nice!
    I was gonna ask the same question about bending plexi so nicely.....Do you use a heat gun? Is it the same sort that painters & decorators use?

I hope you dont mind. But I think I'm gonna have to copy your idea for a PC powered desk fan. It'd be great for hot, sweaty LAN Parties!

Well done!

Ouch!

Anodized

Nope, i dont even have a heatgun! LOL

I just use one of those little gas canisters that we used to use in high school. Remember those? Here in South Africa they're called Bunsen Burners. We have a little attachment that allows you to point the flame in a certain direction, and that's what i use

@ Orso: That wouldn't work in this specific design, but i have already planned to make an external DVD-RW. Project: Endorphin doesn't have an optical drive, and i'm building an external enclosure for a DVD-RW and a couple of HDDs for it

Bunsen Burners
    That's what we call them also.

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

Yep in Australia we call them Bunsen Burners also. When I have to bend plastic in Design Technology I use the contraption the you insert the plastic and hot air softens it up then you bend it on metal bars. Works great.
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08

Quote Originally Posted by DAE_JA_VOO View Post
    @ Orso: That wouldn't work in this specific design, but i have already planned to make an external DVD-RW. Project: Endorphin doesn't have an optical drive, and i'm building an external enclosure for a DVD-RW and a couple of HDDs for it
    I cant wait to see it. Your work is very interesting to watch.

I've got the madcow, what's your excuse? Bopher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DAE_JA_VOO View Post
    Bunsen Burners
    Hmm. Always called them "Blue Flames of Death" Liked to screw around when them in high school. Acutally had a teacher blow up a paint can with the gas line. I think he did it just to tick off the janitors.

Anyway cool mod. Really like the idea of desktop access to the cpu. Now yuo just need a little robot that removes and replaces the disc for you and you never have to crawl down there again.

"Technical neglect is one of the worst kinds of neglect, won't you sponsor an octal or adsl2 card so they can someday grow up into big capable adsl2+ cards? random celebrity does."

serious stuff...I am REALLY digging this..

(goes to add rep)