Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: OPP Transformers Case

Default Re: OPP Transformers Case

Quote Originally Posted by lukeisthecoolest View Post
    Thanx i added the collection to my bookmarks!

does anyone have any suggestions for forming plexi 90 degree corners (i need help)!?!? tools needed!?!??!
    Tybrennis is the plexi master here. Send him a PM.

You won't be able to bend 90° corners with a small radius (depends on how thick your plexi is).
    Best method is to heat up a metall-pipe, fix the pipe and the plexi in a bench vice and then use some wood or stuff with width as your plexi and use it to press the plexi around the pipe.
    Depending on the plexi 80° Celsius make the plexi bendable but you have to watch out not to overheat it. Once too you never get it plain again...
    (See the desaster in my Orb thred)
    Best worklog I've seen here for plexibending is TribalOverkills Blackout log. He describes the stuff with the pipe. And for the big radius on top of your case its the best to put it in an oven and not to heat it up with a hot air gun. So you get the same temeprature in the whole plexi-sheet, and then bend it over a form with the radius you want to create.
    Good luck!

Hope you get your stuff soon, I've been in the movie yesterday and those robot-animations are simply great! Want to see your bot (:
    The Sketchup model is pretty cool. Especially the mask!

BTW: Why did you buy this round LED thing? You can simply solder one of those in 10 minutes yourself...
    My CaseCons:

-=| The Orb |=- - - -=| CUBE 2 |=- - - -=| Reactor |=-

ATX Mental Case

BTW: Why did you buy this round LED thing? You can simply solder one of those in 10 minutes yourself...
    No, YOU could solder one of these in 10 min!
    it would take me at least a year! i am terrible with LEDs and noone has ever written a decent guide with decent pics

and i don't want to "bend" the acrylic i want to form or join two pieces together

Tybrennis is the plexi master here. Send him a PM.
    I SHALL!
    OPP Transformers Case / Dangerously 1337 / Hell's Regect

Nice job, good sketch up model too Any chance you could send me Prime's head in it's own sketch up file that looks pretty good and i am looking forsome refrence. If not no problem.

Oh okay. If you want to put two pieces together and you have the right tools (buzz-saw with mounting), it would be the best if you make a 45 degree cut on both plexi pieces. So that the two edges together form the 90 deg angle.
    But even then I don't think that it's stable enough when you glue it together. You will need some plexi bars in the corner for strengthening. And then you can think of screwing the plexi to those corner-pices if you don't like to glue it.
    My CaseCons:

-=| The Orb |=- - - -=| CUBE 2 |=- - - -=| Reactor |=-

ATX Mental Case

sry i was just gonna post last night when all of a sudden my cable and internet went out because of a huge thunderstorm in NJ

i didn't get anymore work done because i didn't know i had work to go to! i woke up at 3pm and got a phonecall saying i had to work from 4-10 :o

and today i am going to the Renissance fair in NY! yay but no updates

But even then I don't think that it's stable enough when you glue it together. You will need some plexi bars in the corner for strengthening.
    i will def take that into consideration

Any chance you could send me Prime's head in it's own sketch up file that looks pretty good and i am looking forsome refrence. If not no problem.
    go into the 3D wharehouse and look up "optimus prime head"

i didn't make the head so i cannot take cred for it

expect updates tomorrow and the 7th is gonna be a do or die day for me cause most of the work must be done that day

Quote Originally Posted by lukeisthecoolest View Post
    sry i was just gonna post last night when all of a sudden my cable and internet went out because of a huge thunderstorm in NJ
    Yeah, that thunderstorm kinda ruined our night at work too. Fridays are usually quiet, but we had stuff going down all over, and Verizon wouldn't dispatch. They kept citing something about lightning and their techs, and playing with the electrical system that just didn't mesh well. Wimps.

Anyway, I can't wait to see you get some more work done on this. I think it's really gonna be cool.

ATX Mental Case

thanx i am just going to go over the mask and hopefully find a way to strip the mic's wires and hook them up to an audio output so whatever noise my computer makes it will come out Optimus Prime's face it will make people lawl

and is there anyway to solder LEDs so that i don't have to use a reisitor? like in a series? i've tried it before but they blew out in a few seconds

once i found about the LEDs i will get back to working!