Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Server Stuff

Default Re: Server Stuff

d00d.. what's the default un and pw for webmin? I've seen places that say admin and no password but it's not working for me. I've also tried wemin and no password and webmin and admin. +rep for getting it to work. thx.

**EDIT**
    nm.. I Just found this:

How do I change my Webmin password if I can't login?
    Included with the Webmin distribution is a program called changepass.pl to solve erecisely this problem. Assuming you have installed Webmin in /usr/libexec/webmin, you could change the password of the admin user to foo by running

/usr/libexec/webmin/changepass.pl /etc/webmin admin foo

BTW, I'm running Fedora 7 via VMware. I'm gonna have some fun with this. I have a box with win2k3 on it, but when we get to the new house (this week!!) it's gonna be blown up and reinstalled with Fedora7.

**EDIT 2**
    First impressions of webmin and usermin is good. Seems to be MUCH better than ISPCONFIG. I downloaded and started installing Joomla! but the php permissions are screwed up. No big deal. It's just a virtual host atm anyway. Look for a tut in sometime next month on my network and proxy setup.

Good news: I got my house keys today
    Bad news: It was late in the day, and they had to spray for ants, so I had to wait to move. They also disconnected the power, so I have to remedy that in the AM.

Good news 2: I'm playing around with my new Fedora7 server with Webmin and Joomla! (installed over VMware). This is pretty fun stuff. I'm gonna have fun setting up my network.

Got any good advice for Joomla .Mal?

Dude.. That is AWSOME.. Glad to hear your almost there.. BTW for pretty much every distro (except Ubuntu) the default user name and password is root and the root password. The reason it is very important to setup the SSL if you are going to do it from anything other then you local network. I have Fedora 7 but havent had any time to play with it.

Hey Mal.. Did you ever get NX running? Sorry I totally forgot to recheck this thread. I didn't have to do anything config wise on the server end, and on the client side, you basically just set everything up as if you were connecting to SSH. So if you changed your SSH port just use the whatever you changed it to.

Hope this helps...

Just installed phpBB.. maybe I shouldn't have decided to stop having kids.. I need more users on my network!

Quote Originally Posted by SgtM View Post
    Just installed phpBB.. maybe I shouldn't have decided to stop having kids.. I need more users on my network!
    hehehehe

MADMAN !!!!!

cRAZYb

Bwahahahah.. I get that same feeling sometimes as well.

But don't stop there.. you still got WordPress, Coppermine, and/or Singapore, and then for some real fun there is Relay. There are many many more options out there... Have a blast!!!

Damn you OvRiDe! Why did you have to link me to those!? Methinks it's time for a live install outside of VMware, and a bigger hard drive in the server.
    </evil laugh>

Joomla advice? Not really, but there is a great site called www.joomlatutorials.com that's pretty helpful. It's mostly just getting rid of the content they preload and adding your own. Tedious but not hard. Liking Webmin? I think it's great, very easy to use.

I never got NX to work, but it's ok, I've been mostly using the command line through SSH, and in the few cases I need a GUI VNC is working fine, albeit slowly.

StgM, are you making a forum? I installed phpBB too, hopefully to make my own forum also. I haven't spent much time with it, because I'm still trying to figure out the damn subdomains ROFL. I sort of had it, but it just made my regular domain point to the TorrentFlux directory. So close, yet so far.

And OvRiDe, +rep for those links I think I may take a look at Wordpress if I ever make a real blog.
    RIP Bucko

Meh.. I'm more or less just playing around with it. I haven't spent TOO much time with it yet because I started moving today. Internet will be in the house next Friday, and after we're settled in, I can really start working on my network config.. Fedora 7, webmin, Joomla, phpBB, Squid proxy (for the kidz0rz). Is there a way to manage domains/subdomains in webmin?

I've been trying to find a way to, but like I said, the closest I got with my subdomain stuff was getting my regular domain to point to the Torrentflux directory, and that didn't help at all. It actually was a huge PITA because I couldn't figure out why it was doing it... I'm taking another look rightn now though.
    RIP Bucko