Thread: Fair price?

Greco101

Default Fair price?

I've decided I want to sell my old computer and use the money to put towards another custom.

Antec Super Lan Boy case
    new asus mobo
    BFG Asylum GeForce FX 5200 256MB PCI
    80 gig IDE master
    160 gig IDE slave
    Diamond Xtreme 7.1 sound card
    2.0 gig cpu
    512mb ram

I was thinking 300bucks? Sound fair? Think I could get more?

Default Re: Fair price?

if ur lucky.... and the buyer has had a close encounter with the brick kind.... might wanna shoot a bit lower lolz thats not exactly a powerhouse setup....
    i'd suggest like 200-250 max....

srry to put a downer on it bud
    Quote Originally Posted by nevermind1534 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if somebody sigquotes part of this.

Ehhh, I'd say you'd be lucky to get $300. You can buy a brand new OEM machine for not much more, with better specs. ie, Dell has a computer with Vista, 512Mb RAM, Nvidia 6150, and 160GB HDD for $350.

You could try for $300, but looking at just the parts and the fact it's used, that'll probably be close to all you'll get.
    RIP Bucko

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

Depends on the CPU, honestly. If it's an Athlon 2GHz, then yeah, 200-250 sounds about right. If it's an Intel 2GHz (Core 2 or something new-ish like that), then yeah, 300-350 sounds right.

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

Quote Originally Posted by Omega View Post
    Depends on the CPU, honestly. If it's an Athlon 2GHz, then yeah, 200-250 sounds about right. If it's an Intel 2GHz (Core 2 or something new-ish like that), then yeah, 300-350 sounds right.
    I'm thinking it's either a Celeron, P4, or XP. Meaning yeah, $200-250, or if you can find the right buyer, $300 is about all you'll get. Probably around the $200 or $250 mark.
    RIP Bucko

Greco101

Thanks guys I appreciate it. I was thinking I'd get around 250 too but you can always go down... can't go back up :oP

Quote Originally Posted by .Maleficus. View Post
    Ehhh, I'd say you'd be lucky to get $300. You can buy a brand new OEM machine for not much more, with better specs. ie, Dell has a computer with Vista, 512Mb RAM, Nvidia 6150, and 160GB HDD for $350.

You could try for $300, but looking at just the parts and the fact it's used, that'll probably be close to all you'll get.

lmfao dude the feature listed in red would actualy drop the price heh
    Quote Originally Posted by nevermind1534 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if somebody sigquotes part of this.

Greco101

Sold it for 225 because there were a few small issues... needed a new fan for the video card, had a ding on top of the case and the storage drawer was broke. I threw on CS2 and Office 2007 pro for him though.

Greco101

ever since I saw two operating vihicles go for free I've been living on CL... you can damn near turn it into a home business. I'm picking up a complete 2.7ghz compaq today for 50 bucks! monitor, speakers, the whole 9 yards. 50 bucks... I'm just going to put it back up for 150 :oP