Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OSX Panther on AMD or Intel chip- Does it work??

Default Re: OSX Panther on AMD or Intel chip- Does it work??

Quote Originally Posted by MintyMadness View Post
    Macs have a different stepping process to their processors than do PC based procs. That's why a Mac running @ 1.0Ghz on the older g3 and g4 procs was equivalent to a PC running at 1.6 or 1.8ghz.
    Actually it was a completely different architecture. Those CPUs were PowerPC processors which are RISC based.

ATX Mental Case

Ya, I tried that running OS X 10.4 thing on my PC a while ago. All I can say is that the hacked version is absolute crap, and incredibly unstable. Trying to install was like being kicked square in the nuts repeatedly over a long period of time. Not fun at all P

As to the differences between macs and PCs, there isn't much of one anymore as far as I know. Macs do run OS X better though because apple only uses certain hardware, such as the ATI 9200 which they seemed to be shoving in everything back in the day. They only really write drivers for the hardware going into there computers, while other OSes like windows on the other hand have no standard PC configuration they run on. That makes them in the long run generally less stable.

Bah... I'm too tired to check if that made any sense :p

Is awesome

Eh, your linux will be able to do anything that the mac will do, except run a macs idiotically mac-only things like garage band and finalcut pro. And linux with beryl looks just as good as mac can ever hope to look. But can you run mac on your pc? no. And there really isn't a reason to.

ok ok thanks for the input, and i gave the copy to a friend since i found the HP Windows Reinstall CD thing.
    "We did not choose to become robots. There was an accident in our studio. We were working on our sampler, and at exactly 9:09 a.m. on September 9, 1999, it exploded. When we regained consciousness, we discovered that we had become robots."
    -Daft Punk