Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The viper and The demon

The SlackMeister

Default Re: The viper and The demon

i hate both of those cases too, but if you like it, dont listen to me. i am fan of clasic look. i mean i dont like those riced out cases.

Water Cooled

both of those cases are fine...... but not on a site like this and not in a community like this. I guess that said it all

Fresh Paint

Quote Originally Posted by Frakk
    good investment for the future? id be throwing premodded cases at the dogs on my frontyard lol.
    So it was YOU!!!

Water Cooled

yupp! how did u know?

The SlackMeister

Quote Originally Posted by Faeker
    So it was YOU!!!
    it was ALL of us! BUAHAHAHHAA

Water Cooled

As it just so happens, I own and user the viper case. I used to live in a very cramped condo with my wife. I didn't have any workspace for mods or even consider doing them. So I had to go with what I thought I would like and could live with at the time. Now that I am a little older and wiser for the wear, let me tell you a couple of things to consider... (in reference to viper but applies to any case)

1. The viper is made of steel. A lot of it. If you have ever had a case made completely out of steel, you know that it weighs a ton. If you don't plan on moving it very often (which defeats the purpose of having a nice showy case) then material is irrelevant.

2. The viper has no removable mobo tray. My first case (cheapo powmax case) had this feature and I took it for granted until I received my viper. It is really a pain to have to work within the confines of a mid tower case when you are used to working in the open.

3. The Viper is not one of those easy tool-less cases. This is another feature I learned to appreciate since I started working at my current employer (all tool-less Dell boxes) It is a rather bit of a pain when you have to keep screwing and unscrewing regularly

4. Viper's power supply is not the greatest. Recommend replacing it as part of your first investment.

5. VERY LOW MOD POTENTIAL. As commented by other modders and will be modders, there is not a whole lot of modding potential to this case. If you expect that you are not going to be modding your next case much, then you are good to go.

My main point that I really want to reitterate is that you may want to consider other factors other than initial impressions based on looks. I let myself get carried away by the nice first impression from the case. Now that I have owned it, I wish I had been more rational about my choices.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
    - Unknown

Fresh Paint

Quote Originally Posted by MrSlacker
    it was ALL of us! BUAHAHAHHAA
    If you guys only knew the trouble and the hardships I had to go through just to nurse that poor dear dog back to health.......only to throw my case at it......but still.

Overclocked

Quote Originally Posted by MrSlacker
    i hate both of those cases too, but if you like it, dont listen to me. i am fan of clasic look. i mean i dont like those riced out cases.

Yeah I agree they are pretty ugly and I persobally cant stand pre modded cases.

They are good for the little kiddies though that are not yet modding or people that could care less about modding.

lol
    Mesh makes the world go around!!!!

The SlackMeister

well my case is kinda pre-mod too because it came with a window. but the only reason i got it, is it was $40+ cheaper then same case without window.

Water Cooled

sounds like a great reason to get it to me!!!
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
    - Unknown