Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Farewell to a friend. RIP Johnson

Austral Alien

Default Farewell to a friend. RIP Johnson

I'm a little upset as I have found out the family pet has gone to Doggy Heaven.
    Johnson was our pet Labrador and after having him for 14 years, he's one. He was having troubles getting up the couple of steps at my parents place due to arthritis and finally it was time. My Mum and Dad took him to the vet and held him while he was put to sleep.
    I knew this day was coming, but it's still hard now it has. While I was down there visiting a few weeks ago I spent plenty of time with him and I will always have fond memories of him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Sky View Post
    hahaha..."Wacky"
    -Wackello Capello

I've got the madcow, what's your excuse? Bopher's Avatar

Default Re: Farewell to a friend. RIP Johnson

I feel for ya man. I found out a few weeks ago that our family cat had passed away. My dad said it looked like she curled up to sleep and passed away. She was old too. I think if I had to put an age on her it would be something like 15 years old. We got her as a kitten who had no whiskers and this huge head and ears with a little body. Was sad to hear about her going and this reminded me about it.

"Technical neglect is one of the worst kinds of neglect, won't you sponsor an octal or adsl2 card so they can someday grow up into big capable adsl2+ cards? random celebrity does."

Very sorry for your loss Bucko.
    Losing a friend is never easy and knowing the day is coming doesn't make it any easier.
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, con a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyse a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects"

Robert A. Heinlein

I'm sad for your loss Bucko. I lost my chocolate lab last year and it still hurts. Labs are real good friends. They just love to be around humans.
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

My condolences.
    Thats the thing about pets. . you get attached to them and they just don't live very long no matter how good you treat them.

Now I have a Chihuahua, and I got little baby gates across the doorways so He can't get out.

Austral Alien

Thanks guys. Mum sent me a couple of pictures she took before it was time for him to go.

Damn, I think I've got something in my eye now I look at these pictures...
    hahaha..."Wacky"
    -Wackello Capello

I'm sorry Bucko. We always seem to outlive our pets. Still, we love their companionship and wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.

"A good dog will never leave you entirely. They will always be in your memories."

tinfoil-underwear

Hey Bucko,

Sorry for the loss man.
    Dogs are great.
    I'm sure your lab was the best.
    He looked like a happy dog.

It's kind of sad when they get to old age... About 2 years ago we did the same with our 13-14 year old Dalmation... damn, I loved that dog.
    She was gorgeous.

Still, head high... in its memory.

Quote Originally Posted by nil8 View Post
    "A good dog will never leave you entirely. They will always been in your memories."
    Nice quote Nil. I like it.

Bucko, have you though 'bout getting a new pup?
    (( now don't go moddin' him with LEDs and WiFi cantennas and stuff :p ))
    You're in TBCS?
    You do realize we're following a guy that's the

VP of Regional Sales for
    Darth Harrington's Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids

I'm just sayin'...

Sorry for your lost Bucko. I know the pain, last week my mom made the same thing to my Husky

Anyone who think a computer is sexy need to #$? and fast

Austral Alien

Quote Originally Posted by AJ@PR View Post
    Bucko, have you though 'bout getting a new pup?
    I haven't really. Well I've thought about it, but it's too hard while I live on my own and work weird hours to bring a pup up. Plus my rental agreement doesn't allow pets. Johnson was the family pet and he was at my parent's house.
    Dad wants another dog, but they have decided to wait for a little while before getting another. I know they will as there has pretty much always been a dog in their lives.

That's a great quote too nil8.

HEAVEN'S DOGGY DOOR

My best friend closed his eyes last night,
    As his head was in my hand.
    The Doctors said he was in pain,
    And it was hard for him to stand.

The thoughts that scurried through my head,
    As I cradled him in my arms.
    Were of his younger, puppy years,
    And OH...his many charms.

Today, there was no gentle nudge,
    With an intense "I love you gaze",
    Only a heart that’s filled with tears
    Remembering our joy filled days.

But an Angel just appeared to me,
    And he said,
    "You should cry no more,
    GOD also loves our canine friends,
    He's installed a 'doggy-door"!

-anon

Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
    There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends, so that they can run and play together.
    There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigour, those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content except for one small thing ; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent, his eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face, your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then, you cross Rainbow Bridge together……………………………

Author unknown
    hahaha..."Wacky"
    -Wackello Capello