Thread: Firewall...

Fresh Paint

Default Firewall...

Hi all

I am currently having a nightmare with Azureus and firewalls on Vista. I tried Zone Alarm but that was useless as it wouldn't allow me to forward ports. So I tried a 90 day trial version of Norton firewall I got with my motherboard and I am getting the same problem. Each time I start up Azureus it tells me that there were to many successive failures on the port I have set in Azureus. This limits my download speed severly :/

I have forwarded the port on my router already.

Any help anyone could give me would be great. If you could recommend a Free or purchase firewall I would be most greatful before I top myself

Thx in advance...

Scorch
    Sometimes, in order to maintain your authority in
    the face of criticism you have to make stuff up.

Default Re: Firewall...

Did you open the ports in the Windows firewall also?

I use uTorrent, and have never had troubles with firewalls or routers, and didnt have to open or forward any ports..

If you have UPnP enabled on your router, you shouldnt have to forward/open any ports on the router or firewall for Azerus to work.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

Sygate Personal Firewall.
    It's not for networking noobs, but it's easy enough to use and has nice features.
    Too bad it got bought out by Norton.
    There should still be some copies of it floating around online.

Doesn't Vista have a firewall thingy like XP? I don't know, I know nothing about networking (I actually don't even know the purpose of a firewall...) but I've never had any troubles with XP's firewall and bittorrents.

On a related note: Should I be looking for a better firewall? Am I risking attack by not having a better one?
    RIP Bucko

you really shouldn't rely on the windows firewall, as it can easily be bypassed. Windows backdoors still allow people in. Where as somthing like Sygate or Zonealarm will stop them.

my top 2 are:
    1)Sygate (Not for novices)
    2)Zonealarm, Use if you don't know what you doing or are using 1000MB (1GB) network as sygate limits you to 10/100

Mary had a little lamb. It bumped into a pylon. Ten thousand volts went up its arse and turned its wool to nylon!