Thread: Laser Cutting?

Default Laser Cutting?

Ok. I got my mod planned out. All the stuff i need so far has been ordered and should be here within the week. I just finished the CAD drawings for all the metal i need laser cut but unfortunately in this little desert town of mine there is no one with a laser cutter so i must result to going online. I have seen a few work logs where people mention having them cut, but from what i have read no one suggests a place to go.

Are there any sites that you would suggest/recommend. Preferably that you have had experience with or have seen work done from them. If anyone can offer some input i would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you.
    ~Ecks

I come from a land down under. simon275's Avatar

Default Re: Laser Cutting?

Check out the suppliers thread for recommendations. Most are engraving but some do cutting as well.

http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/f...ead.php?t=8546

This is really something people get done locally so you may have to look further a field as the costs of shipping large chunks of metal you can guess would be quite high and this doesn't make for a sustainable internet business.
    Need a sig

Whoa, question, Can you just draw something and they will scan it and cut it?, does it have to be at a 1:1 ratio, or could it be smaller?
    "We did not choose to become robots. There was an accident in our studio. We were working on our sampler, and at exactly 9:09 a.m. on September 9, 1999, it exploded. When we regained consciousness, we discovered that we had become robots."
    -Daft Punk

Overclocked

Is it a huge piece? 1:1 should be okay, but if youve got a small panel you only have to bring a CAD model.

Ive worked in a ventilation workshop, they had a laser cutter and I know how they do it. Yes, if you draw something (as long as it have measurements) they should be able to cut it for you. I remember the workshop cutting all kind of weird pieces and they were also making protector grills for their motors, and they were cutting their name (Concept Air) on it. It was really nice.