Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Media Player Case

Default Re: Media Player Case

Aldi

I come from a land down under. simon275's Avatar

haha lol aldi has so much stuff good find.
    Need a sig

Ok...so I evened off the edges and then thought done! lets superglue this baby together. Superglue is a GREAT way to seal the pages, because its absorbant and dries faster than you can say "OH NO MY PANTS!!!" Unfotunately, in the process of supergluing it, I made a massive mistake...You see, the book I chose was thick enough that the pages slide over when you close it. so in order to be able to close it exactly how you want, you have to clamp half the book in the right place so it doesnt shift when you glue it and re-close it. I didn't think of that. So now my book doesn't close. It's back to the drawing board, but damnit I'm not going to lose this!!!! I WILL DEFEAT YOU!!

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cymae View Post
    Ok...so I evened off the edges and then thought done! lets superglue this baby together. Superglue is a GREAT way to seal the pages, because its absorbant and dries faster than you can say "OH NO MY PANTS!!!" Unfotunately, in the process of supergluing it, I made a massive mistake...You see, the book I chose was thick enough that the pages slide over when you close it. so in order to be able to close it exactly how you want, you have to clamp half the book in the right place so it doesnt shift when you glue it and re-close it. I didn't think of that. So now my book doesn't close. It's back to the drawing board, but damnit I'm not going to lose this!!!! I WILL DEFEAT YOU!!
    You know, what I would do is this. Get one of those fake books that are completely hollowed out. Then, get some sort of Styrofoam and slowly dig out the shape your after. Then take a shaving tool mahjigger and clean it up real nice. Stick that puppy inside the book and voila, totally pro.

Using an actual book and hollowing out never turns out right and it always looks sloppy/messy. Its also hard to predict for things like what happened. The same exact thing happened to me back when I was in middle school trying to do this. But I tried to glue all the pages together (aside from the cover) first, before actually trying to hollow it out. The book got all deformed and weird and ended up not wanting to close right, so I just abandoned it right there.

Here are some links for ya though, they should be of some help hopefully. ^_^

http://lifehacker.com/software/diy/d...ook-157211.php
    http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Hollow-Book
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

i swear i will not let this beat me! i know what I have to do, should be ok. Thanks!!