Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Watercooling advice needed.

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Default Re: Watercooling advice needed.

I think THIS is what Crimson is talking about with the shroud thing. It installs like THIS. The "Radbox" is one of the more expensive ones, but their should be cheaper ones their too. I think newegg used to have the radbox, but I couldn't find it.

Thats what your talking about isn't it Crimson?
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Ah, thanks Crimson for the tip, and thanks Snowfire for the direction. I hope that's what he was talking about cause I just ordered one.
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

sure you can call it a radbox or whatever. its a plastic box
    In a time of chimpanzees I was a monkey.

Hi I do not know what your going to pay for your dual rad set up but it seems to me that I would go external like this one http://www.koolance.com/shop/product...roducts_id=352

I use it and I am cooling two 1900 series gpu's my cpu, my ram 4x 1 gig sticks and 2 Hd's I never get over 40 degrees on my cpu which is p D @ 3.6 at full load. i am using the koolance pump and res too but I do not think that it really matters.

Just my 2 cents
    my 3D animatin rig,Thermaltake tai chi case, asus P5Wdh, pD 940 3.2,PSU enermax sli 600W& FSP 300w,4 gig's samsung ddr2 ati x1900xtx and x1900 master,sound blaster elite pro ,x4 250 gig HD from samsung (x2) x16 DvD Win TV 250 PVR capture card, 37"full HD LG lcd. Cooling Koolance PC4 1000 x3 120 mm fans on the external rad,thermaltake volcano 4005 cpu waterblock, koolance water blocks HD's Chipset's,Ram tidewater plus for the GPU's.

Quote Originally Posted by busandave View Post
    Hi I do not know what your going to pay for your dual rad set up but it seems to me that I would go external like this one http://www.koolance.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=0_54&products_id=352

Yikes..slight overkill
    In a time of chimpanzees I was a monkey.

Oh CRAP!!! Now that I take it apart and start cleaning it up, I realized that I don't have a free PCI slot. I'm going to need an alternative plan.
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn View Post
    Oh CRAP!!! Now that I take it apart and start cleaning it up, I realized that I don't have a free PCI slot. I'm going to need an alternative plan.
    For the tube lines right? Just drill two holes wherever you want your tubes to be and then get some rubber edging for 'em. or even, if you have a pci bracket that has some room to spare...
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

not to but in but this whole fan shround thing is confusing me sorta. does having one improve it alot or just a bit? i plan on mousting the rad on top the case about 1-1.5" so would i still need one?

sorry to hijack but this seems the best thread to ask.
    CPU: Q6600 G0 3.5GHz@1.4v (4.2GHz max) / 4790k 4.8ghz @1.265v
    GPU: 9800GTX /GTX780 hydrocopper
    Ram: Samsung 4GB /gskill 16gb DDR3 1600
    Mobo: EVGA-NF68-A1 680i (P32) /AsRock Extreme6
    PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850Watt /EVGA 850 G2
    HDD: OCZ 120GB Vertex4, Samsung evo 840 250GB
    LCD: Samsung 32" LN32A450, Samsung 226BW 22" wide
    Sound: Logtiech Z 5500
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v

I don't know enough about the shrouds to answer that, but regarding the PCI slot, I bought a PCI controller for the pump so that it powers on with the computer. I am not sure how to power it without.

Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn View Post
    I don't know enough about the shrouds to answer that, but regarding the PCI slot, I bought a PCI controller for the pump so that it powers on with the computer. I am not sure how to power it without.
    Hmmm. Well... hmmm. lol thats a bit of a problem isn't it?

Do you have a wireless card? Maybe ebay it off and get a USB one?

Yep, I got nothing. lol ><