Thread: Using a Tec for other then PC.

Custom Title Honors

Default Using a Tec for other then PC.

I was talking to a guy about this at work. We sit in cubicles all day and the refridgerators are always full and you never know if your stuff is going to stay in there. We aren't allowed to have mini fridges in our cubes because they use too much power.

The plan:

Take a tec, probably 200W+ and somehow mount it to one of the drawers to cool the inside of it for water and other small things that need to stay cool. I am not looking to make a freezer or anything, and need to try and minimize any condensation or frost around the drawer. Also need to keep the noise down. Basically needs to be functional yet hidden.

I don't have access to photobucket or imageshack from here to post any pictures. The drawer is about 18" deep x 12" wide x 10" tall. These are approx measurements.

Any suggestions welcome. Also I would like to not cut any holes in here. Not really into cutting up company property. thanks

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Default Re: Using a Tec for other then PC.

http://usb.brando.com.hk/prod_detail.php?prod_id=00286

Problem solved. lol

I think that thing uses a solid state peltier plate. lol god I love saying that, just sounds so bad ass. :p

But if anything, that just proves that it can be done. ^_^
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Custom Title Honors

D@mnit, I can't see it from work. Comes up blocked as Games...WTF!! lol

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Really? Thats odd... well no problem. I'm our resident link nut after all. ^_^

Engadget.com
    Digg.com
    EverythingUSB.com
    Gizmodo.com
    SlipperyBrick.com
    RegHardware.com
    UberGizmo.com
    GearLog.com

If none of those work, I'll just upload the pictures and copy/paste the text. :p

Also, just in case you find that perfect something for your office but its made only for your vehicle... tah dah!
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Overclocked

load up media player and send the link through the search in that. always worked for me.

"you must be the change you wish to see in the world"
    -ghandi

Custom Title Honors

Maz- Media player crashed. Maybe I did it wrong. Thanks though.

Snow- Thanks, some of the links worked. The only problem is it does one can. I would need to cool a whole drawer or atleast 1 or 2 20oz bottles.

Austral Alien

Sounds like a difficult solution to an easy problem. Why not get a small 6 pack cooler or a cooler bag and have a freezer brick or two in it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Sky View Post
    hahaha..."Wacky"
    -Wackello Capello

Make yourself one out of a 350w Peltier Thermo-electric units
    . .then you would have a cooler for drinks and a warmer for your sammaches.
    You could make a aluminum box and put hinges on it. With little divider wall for heat side and cool side.

You can get them cheap on Ebay

Edit ~
    Oha. .Tec = Thermo-Electric Cooler.

Custom Title Honors

Bucko- I don't want to have to keep hauling ice bricks around...

Eclecticos- Good idea but it has to be hidden.

I'll have to get one of the tec's and figure it out from there. I'm sure once I start playing with it something will turn the lightbulb on. Don't worry about it either Eclecticos, we are on the same page which is what matters.

Thanks guys.