Thread: Xbox Mod

Default Xbox Mod

Here's my Xbox mod I did a while ago. I'm thinking about adding a window possibly... Think I should? Anyways, onto the pics.

The jewel I took off, scraped off the green paint, sanded, and sprayed with red Rust-oleum Paint for Plastic, and the "Xbox" on the front I sprayed white with the rest, and wrote over with a Sharpie .

It's getting kind of beat up, I don't know if you can see in the pictures, but it could use a new coat of white, which I would do if I did add a window.

Tell me what you think.
    RIP Bucko

Default Re: Xbox Mod

very very clean. looks like there was some white overspray on some of the red. but it looks good anyways. +rep :]

Quote Originally Posted by peoplefire View Post
    very very clean. looks like there was some white overspray on some of the red. but it looks good anyways. +rep :]
    Actually, thats just dust I tried cleaning it off best I could, but, tissues don't work too good I guess.

Thanks man!
    RIP Bucko

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

I would say a window is just what that baby needs! imo, it almost looks unfinished without one. For me personally, I've always wanted to take the sections around the "X" and rebuild them in clear plexi. I've alway thought that would look pretty cool, but I gave away my xbox as a bday present awhile back.

You could also add some LED's if you wanted too? Under the jewel, in the controller ports, power switch, etc. Just a thought, it doesn't need it, but it would give it that bit of extra "glow". They used to have pre-made front bezels and whatnot's back in the day, but its been so long that I don't even remember who supplied them. I think Llamma.com still does though.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

airduster's work REALLLY REALLLYYYYYY good for that :] get a can

Quote Originally Posted by SnowFire View Post
    I would say a window is just what that baby needs! imo, it almost looks unfinished without one. For me personally, I've always wanted to take the sections around the "X" and rebuild them in clear plexi.
    You could also add some LED's if you wanted too? Under the jewel
    Agreed.. the sections to the left and right of the X could be windows... replace with clear plexi (vented of course to keep the same level of airflow as now), and then you could even window the dvd drive on the left side. Add the LED's to the jewel for sure, hell, if you are going to window the top, etch and led it too!

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

You could always invert the locations of the red and the white and put a maple leaf on there for a Canadian theme.

Gaming Console Modder Mitternacht's Avatar

Not bad. Did you clear coat it?

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Sky
    I never like get into a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent.

Looks great..did you do a controller to go with it.

EDIT://I'm not really sure about a window in it. It looks great how it is but I guess it suppose on how you're gonna do it =P

EDITX2://..Another thought. If you don't cut a window in it or even if you do I think red LEDs would look great coming through the controller ports.

^^ agreed. the plexi idea sounds nice tho..