Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My First Case MOD!!!

Fresh Paint

Default Re: My First Case MOD!!!

yea that would be cool but i would have to talk to my friend its his case and hes not here right now... i just do to the cuttin he wants to do...

ATX Mental Case

Damn good idea that'll look pretty sick!!! has to be perfect though

Fresh Paint

casey wasnt here today he had other plans so i finished mounting the window in the bottom of the case just screws and nuts to hold it in...

another pic of the case so far

again any comments or suggestions would be awesome hopefully casey will be back tonight so we can get some more work done!!!

You guys should invest in a drill press, they work wonders. But that doesn't look too bad for dremeling, nice work

Whats up guys!!! long time no see eh?

anyways, thats quite an ambitious project there.
    but how will you remove the side panel if there are fan wires binding it to the case?
    "We did not choose to become robots. There was an accident in our studio. We were working on our sampler, and at exactly 9:09 a.m. on September 9, 1999, it exploded. When we regained consciousness, we discovered that we had become robots."
    -Daft Punk

I got rid of my floppy disks Xpirate's Avatar

I like it. I bought a case just like that for my folks. It is nice to see a completely generic case like that get customized.

Fresh Paint

well got rid of all the little holes in the front and the back of the case in the 80mm fan location for better air flow

next we are going to start cutting the holes in the mobo try for the 80mm fans then we can start getting the frame ready for paint

comments and suggestion are awesome if you have any ideas we are open to design changes so post on people!

Nice work so far. Man this will be a noisy rig...
    waiting for the next step

Anyone who think a computer is sexy need to #$? and fast

Fresh Paint

Just got done cutting and sanding down the holes in the mobo try for the 2 80mm fans in the back side panel... next we have to cut the fan holes in the top of the case and the other side panel and then we move on to paint. At this stage we are still not sure what color we will be painting the inside of the case at first it was going to be all black with green LED fans, but now its blue LED fans so we are thinking about painting the inside UV green and getting black fans and putting a ton of black light CCFLS... but still not sure

Fresh Paint

we started the day out by cutting out the fan holes for the other side. these hole will let us cool the back of the mobo in its most crucial spots with the mod yesterday by cutting out the mobo tray to make room for the fans. And the day started out wrong first thing we broke a drill bit...

a few shots of the rough cut

now the finished sanding and cutting all that is left is to drill the holes to screw the fans in

and now after the holes are drilled