Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PCB & Mouse experts needed.

I mod everything I touch. Indybird's Avatar

Default Re: PCB & Mouse experts needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Sky View Post
    You're results will vary on the smoothness, and how good you are with a spray can. The finish i got with the product was like a second skin and much smoother than that mouse. I used a hair dryer in between very light coats to achieve this. If you rush it and put coats on that are too heavy, you will get a textured surface. Masking the areas you don't want rubberized with painter's tape is also very important to getting a good finish.

it is Available in red, yellow, black, blue, white and clear.

There is currently no other consumer product available to fit your needs, if you cant use this one.

scale of 1-10 its about a 4.
    I don't know which topic you were talking about but I was talking about the whole replacing the mouse innards thing.

Im definitely going to check that stuff out, the problem is I might end up putting it on everything!

Quote Originally Posted by thrash View Post
    Are you running Windows Vista? I know that in the early stages of vista there were major mouse issues. Have you updated drivers? Have you tried using regular windows drivers? If you are running vista, I will put money on the drivers issues.
    Im pretty sure my drivers are updated, ill try the mouse on an XP computer just to make sure. Im pretty sure its the sensor though...

It could be the sensor, but most of the time it's software problems. If this mouse is in decent shape, i still bet my money on drivers

I would delete the drivers completely, unplug the mouse, then plug it back in. Windows will find the mouse and install default drivers. Use them and see if it helps, if it doesn't... Go for the sensor changing.

It cost nothing and hardly any time to mess with drivers

GL

I mod everything I touch. Indybird's Avatar

Ok, instead of going through the insanely complicated process of transferring the insides from one to another, I decided to try and make the cool blue effect on the MX Revolution.
    This is the effect I was talking about:

I've only seen it on that (Logitech MX-510) and the Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer Cobalt (My current mouse).

Does anyone know how to get that effect?

Thanks,
    Indybird

With Photoshop

Here is "Nancy Goldens" Satin Paint effect, Two Tone.

Or you can Buy some Plasti-Kote satin super paint.
    You could also find House of Kolor Kandys, and Pearls in a Can Here

a Collection of paint Links