Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Frontpage Or Dreamweaver?

Question Frontpage Or Dreamweaver?

What do people prefer to use?

Frontpage or Dreamweaver

I am currently using Dreamweaver but I am tempted to see how Frontpage is.

Default Re: Frontpage Or Dreamweaver?

Having used both, stick with Dreamweaver. I found it easier to use, and certainly more robust.. though maybe a bit more of a learning curve.

I've also found that writing everything with notepad is much cleaner. While certainly more difficult than using a tool like DW or FP, it's by far the most streamlined method of page creation... as long as you are really comfortable working in an ultra-lightweight environment.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

Dreamweaver all the way. I was using Dreamweaver 4 at school (damn you Pentium 3 OmniTech computers) and it _still_ was way easier.
    RIP Bucko

Strip it, paint it, and love on it... Commando's Avatar

Don't waste your time with Frontpage. It's a Microsoft nightmare.

Also for all you aspiring webmasters without 500$ you can try NVU. It's a great begining website creation tool for free.

One of my current projects is that I'm building a website with resources for people wanting to learn to build websites. I don't mean goober dumb websites either. There are some wicked cool free content management programs out there that if your willing to learn just a little you can build awesome integrated sites like TBCS. Not that you would be dumb enough to try to compete with Crimson, but I'm sure you have ohter interests that you could build a site around.

It's gonna be loaded with free resources like that. I won't post a link, because I'm still a while from launching it. But ask again in a couple of weeks if your interested.

Oooo, that NVU looks cool! Linux compatibility? Awesome!

+rep on the sweet find.
    RIP Bucko

Overclocked

I like both Dreamweaver and Frontpage. I personally believe that frontpage is a much easier to learn and a much cleaner program, but once you get the hang of dreamweaver I believe that you can put down information much quicker. If you have ever used Microsoft Word than thats basically what Frontpage looks like.

I'm a cheap-o, I write our front page articles with notepad.
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

I used Dreamweaver in high school and never got the hang of it. For the longest time I used Frontpage to create the structure then touched it up by hand with the built-in text editor, but when I got into developing proper HTML+CSS content, I decided to stick solely with notepad... EXCEPT...

The regular notepad is cumbersome to use for development like this. Simple things like highlighting several lines and indenting isn't possible, and I really liked how Frontpage/Dreamweaver highlighted code. So now I use Notepad++. Light weight, efficient, works perfectly with HTML & JavaScript & CSS files, you can handle multiple files in one window, its a little better at opening large files, and you can use it for many formats such as C++, Java, etc. Very handy.

Link : http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net/uk/site.htm

-Cool-
    Project Pioneer : AMD AthlonXP 3000+ : 1GB DDR RAM : Windows XP MCE
    ATI Radeon X1650 256MB : 520-Watt Corsair PSU : 20x DVD-RAM DL + LightScribe
    1.0TB Seagate SATA II : 400GB Seagate SATA II : 400GB Samsung SATA II
    250GB Seagate SATA I : 80GB Western Digital PATA/IDE

is never gonna give you up Elenril's Avatar

call me shallow, but... i'd go with dreamweaver. it highlights your code in prettier colours than frontpage does.

Strip it, paint it, and love on it... Commando's Avatar

call me shallow, but... i'd go with dreamweaver. it highlights your code in prettier colours than frontpage does.
    You laugh, but that is a huge help when you trying to edit css files or track down an errant line of code in a php file.