Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stop Saw

Default Stop Saw

simply put, this is a amazing saw.

stop saws website

if i did alot of wood work i would get one accept its $2,799.00 US.
    CPU: Q6600 G0 3.5GHz@1.4v (4.2GHz max) / 4790k 4.8ghz @1.265v
    GPU: 9800GTX /GTX780 hydrocopper
    Ram: Samsung 4GB /gskill 16gb DDR3 1600
    Mobo: EVGA-NF68-A1 680i (P32) /AsRock Extreme6
    PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850Watt /EVGA 850 G2
    HDD: OCZ 120GB Vertex4, Samsung evo 840 250GB
    LCD: Samsung 32" LN32A450, Samsung 226BW 22" wide
    Sound: Logtiech Z 5500
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Default Re: Stop Saw

Damn, that is NICE!
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

you should upgrade then, accept that each break charge is 69.99. that would suck to accedently touch the blade on the side and have it go off. good thing they put a key to turn it off.
    CPU: Q6600 G0 3.5GHz@1.4v (4.2GHz max) / 4790k 4.8ghz @1.265v
    GPU: 9800GTX /GTX780 hydrocopper
    Ram: Samsung 4GB /gskill 16gb DDR3 1600
    Mobo: EVGA-NF68-A1 680i (P32) /AsRock Extreme6
    PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850Watt /EVGA 850 G2
    HDD: OCZ 120GB Vertex4, Samsung evo 840 250GB
    LCD: Samsung 32" LN32A450, Samsung 226BW 22" wide
    Sound: Logtiech Z 5500
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v

Woodworking unicycling bodybuilder tybrenis's Avatar

I've been considering adding a saw stop to my shop as I've been planning my soon to be built woodshop. Even if you ignore the amazing technology behind the blade braking they're sitll great table saws.
    Typo:
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
    Jon has altered his cock to compensate.

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tybrenis View Post
    I've been considering adding a saw stop to my shop as I've been planning my soon to be built woodshop. Even if you ignore the amazing technology behind the blade braking they're sitll great table saws.
    I swear, you are the coolest kid I know. lol Just the fact that you were CONSIDERING it is awesome.

Btw, how much does one of these things even go for anyways?
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Woodworking unicycling bodybuilder tybrenis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SnowFire View Post
    I swear, you are the coolest kid I know. lol Just the fact that you were CONSIDERING it is awesome.

Btw, how much does one of these things even go for anyways?
    Ha, thanks, Snow.

Quote Originally Posted by Spawn-Inc View Post
    if i did alot of wood work i would get one accept its $2,799.00 US.
    Typo:
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
    Jon has altered his cock to compensate.

If haven't already, the forum over at sawmillcreek.org has quite a few posts from people interested in buying or have already bought a Saw Stop.

I'm still using a dewalt 744s. But the local woodworkers source here has a powermatic like Rendermandan's. I actually get this urge to just grab the fence and give it a hug every time I see it.

im pretty sure the scene shop I work at is replacing our two aging rockwell-delta's with these guys. I havent really heard much about them, but after seeing that video...damn. cant wait to use them.

Too much Made in China high-tech plastic crap on that saw for my liking. Period. Besides I want my saw to cut hotdogs too!

It looks like an interesting saw, I've seen this about 5 years ago. I was a carpenter/cabinet maker for 20 years, and I've seen far too many shop workers who don't have the right fingers to pick their nose properly with.

While technology can help prevent accidents, its up to the craftsperson to practice safety. You will not see blade guards in most shops, they are more dangerous than they are worth. Once pine pitch builds up on that clear plastic, its useless. You should always be able to watch the blade cut the material at point of kerf.

First day on a job at a custom cabinet and millwork shop, I discovered that no less than three of the bench machinists (and one of the owners) had sacrificed fingers in that very shop. They didnt have hands anymore, they had lobster claws. By lunch time I packed my box, gave a quick salute to the owner as I walked out and said "See ya later, dude!". This was not a shop that cared about safety.
    Last edited by Crimson Sky; 06-09-2007 at 07:18 AM.
    In a time of chimpanzees I was a monkey.