Thread: Modular PSU made in home - Concluded!

Fresh Paint

Default Modular PSU made in home - Concluded!

Hey friends, today would like share with you a family's revenue:

Modular PSU made at home!

I opened for psu and separated the cover:

I used the original cover to cut a new front for for psu:

I holed and I riveted the new front, keeping the old

Using a micro-rectifies, I did a cut to case the connector db25, and with the drill and a thick drill, I did 4 holes for the connectors Mic

I stretched the connector atx cables until the connector db25 and cut them letting a free time to weld them. (Hint: Use cables term-retractile or hot glue to isolate the cables after weld them)

I passed the cable atx inside cuting, I arrested with retractile term, (watch out to do not invert the cables order), weld them in the other connector db25

I repeated the operation, now with the cables molex

To improve the visual and the refrigeration, I changed for fan of psupor a colored, put a cover of acrylic and a second fan in the cover top, and I used lasergrill for the finishing.

Fresh Paint

Default Re: Modular PSU made in home - Concluded!

Then it was alone to close the source, and it is ready! Modular PSU made at home!

Time expense:
    06 hours
    Money expense: (US$ 20 + PSU)

The Advantage of this modification in psu cables, is just that allows a better interior organization of the case, and consequently a better refrigeration, besides you have the option of only to connect the cables that is going to use, or it adapts them its way.

It is worth remind that it should pay attention in the order of the cables in the hour to welding them to do not occur any mistake, following this recommendation, there is not larger secrets.

Hugs,
    Darth

Link To Original Thread
    Last edited by jdbnsn; 06-04-2007 at 11:13 PM.